“Best Hotel Stay Ever!!!!”

Hyatt Regency Lexington
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed February 4, 2011

By far the best hotel ever stayed at!!!The service was fantastic from speedy room service to the bar bringing a cork screw to our room to friendly staff. Room was spacious, clean and very inviting. The amenities were fantastic pool, fitness center, nice TV, very quiet at night.

• Stayed: January 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,155)

Reviewed February 1, 2011

Excellent Stay!

Please keep in mind that the Hyatt is connected to Rupp Arena, so major events such as concerts and ballgames can coincide with your stay and traffic can be heavy at times.

We actually checked in at about the same time as the tip-off of a Kentucky basketball game so I was worried about the time it would take us to get checked-in, etc. Timing was going to be a key for us as we were in town to celebrate my wife’s birthday. Dinner reservation, a comedy show, and a visit to the local bars were in order.

Hats off to the staff at the Hyatt!

Valet Parking was full, but once I explained the dilemma of our plans for the night the young man agreed “to make it work” for us. That was a nice touch right off the bat!

Upon entering we were greeted by a very polite group of receptionist. We explained that we were in town to celebrate a birthday and had a group of 10 (Five rooms). It only took them a matter of seconds to have us all checked in and basically right next to each other on the same floor! Yet, another great touch! This is something they didn’t have to do, as we booked through a third party.

After a great night out on the town we wanted to get together (the group of 10) and play some games and enjoy pizza. We asked the receptionist if it would be possible for us to sit in the lobby so we didn’t annoy anyone trying to sleep in rooms close to ours. They said no problem, allowed us to move some chairs around and enjoy the lobby for a few hours that night. Top-notch once again!

Check out was extremely smooth. Valet had our car down in only a few minutes (Seemed everyone was leaving at the same time) even though multiply people were getting their cars.

This place is great! The beds are beyond comfortable and the pillows are the same, the room was extremely clean, and the bellhop was professional and courteous.

There are numerous restaurants, bars and like with a short walking distance as well.

You can’t beat this place if you’re going to Lexington! And if you in town to go to Rupp Arena or do business downtown, it’s a no-brainer—Stay here!

Thanks Hyatt Regency—We can’t wait until our next visit!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
HyattMGR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2011

Thank you very much for your excellent evaluation of your stay with us during a Kentucky Basketball Game. As you described in your comments, the Hyatt Regency is at the very center of the exciting pre-game atmosphere that surrounds University of Kentucky Basketball. There's no better place to experience the passion of the Big Blue Nation for their team than in our new BlueFire Bar & Grill!

Also, as you pointed out in your survey, our hotel is within walking distance of downtown Lexington's many restaurants, art galleries, theatres and abundant nightlife. Thank you again for your recommendation and we hope to serve you again soon.

Larry Bell

Reviewed December 9, 2010

Loved this place after getting a good deal online. The workout equipment in the gym area is better than any hotel I've seen. This is of course, on top of the gorgeous lobby, friendly staff, modern, well-appointed rooms, large bathroom, and clean facilities. Even the hallways are well decorated. The room service could have been more prompt for breakfast in the early hours but besides that, I had a flawless stay and look forward to returning. Please note the hotel does have an airport shuttle so save your money on a taxi!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2010

At $54 a night thru Priceline, it was unbeatable value. Modern decor, very comfortable large rooms. Has a restaurant with room service (needed in downtown Lexington where the sidewalks are rolled up at 5pm). At $54 a night Internet access in room was another $10 a night. The downtown location is good for business/ weekday travelers or for Convention center (which is next door). But not much to do after hours or the weekend.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Warning to all business travelers who need to be asleep at a reasonable hour -- make sure you either request an even numbered room overlooking Vine Street or on a high floor above the atrium area. As a meeting planner, I routinely stay at this hotel under a group direct bill for business at least once a year, and my association routinely uses this hotel for business events throughout the year. In the past, the front desk has noted that I am there for business and has asked if I would like a quiet room. This year, I was placed on the fifth floor in one of the atrium rooms directly above the bar. For those unfamiliar with this property, these rooms have one wall that is completely glass and every single noise coming from the lobby, restaurant & bar area below can be heard in the room. It was completely unsuitable for my stay. However, the front desk honored my request to be moved to a quieter room promptly and I was placed in a room on the same floor on the opposite side of the hallway which overlooks the street below.

I also advise against ordering room service. In the past, I've had no problems with room service and have been pleased with the prompt service I've received. This year, during the first night of my stay, the card I placed on my door to order breakfast for the next morning was never picked up. The second night, I attempted to order breakfast again using the card. I requested that breakfast be delivered between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. to ensure I'd have time to eat before work at 7:30. The card was picked up, but no one in room service ever bothered to place my order. When I called at 7:00 a.m., I was told my breakfast would be there in 5 minutes. Twenty minutes later it still had not arrived. When it finally arrived at 7:25, I was told by the girl who delivered it that the order had not even been rung in until 7:03. She was kind enough to go back downstairs and get take out boxes for me so I could take my breakfast with me to work, but I was 10 minutes late getting for work as a result of this screwup. I was told I would not be charged for this breakfast, but I will not be surprised if it still shows up on my bill when our group bill comes in next week. I would still recommend this hotel to others with the caveats above.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank bluedevil12ky
HyattMGR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2010

Thank you for making us aware of your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your consistent loyalty to Hyatt and we look forward to serving you again soon. We are glad that we were able to move you to the room type that you prefer and we trust that you were able to sleep well.

Your past stays indicate that your experience with Room Service on this latest visit was the exception rather than the rule. Rest assured that we will look into your comments from this trip and we will follow up with our staff to ensure the issue has been resolved.

In the future, please don't hesitate to contact me personally and I will ensure that you get the room you prefer.

Larry Bell

Reviewed November 4, 2010

I stayed here a week ago and just wanted to let you all know that this hotel was FANTASTIC!! This is in my top four as far as nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. The whole ambiance of the inside of the hotel spells class. The rooms were VERY stylish, and the bed was so comfortable that I slept like a baby. The public areas were also very classy and had an "exciting" vibe about them. I was so pleased with my stay here, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to be in the area.

The only con was that the internet was not free.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed here for the World equestrian games. Cannot fault the service received at this hotel. Every body went out of their way to make our stay as good as possible. From Checkin to check out and the transport to and from the airport was great. The restaurant was nice with a different buffet on different nights. Beds were so comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2010