“Fine Stay”

Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Toronto, Canada
“Fine Stay”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed in Nov 2013 as an I75 stopover and chose the Hyatt for the downtown location. Lexington is a great tourist town and the downtown core is safe, clean and friendly with lots of restaurants and entertainment venues. Hotel amenities were clean and staff were courteous. Self-parking is free, but no complimentary breakfast. Room rates are higher than hotels on the outskirts as would be expected. Flat screens in room. Restaurant and bar in lobby, plus attached convention, indoor shopping mall and entertainment venue.

Room Tip: Suggest requesting a higher floor room with view of the city versus lower floors some with view of i...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for the good review of your experience at our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to Lexington. Please return soon!

Larry Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Georgetown
Reviewed October 31, 2013

It is VERY convenient if you want to have a few adult beverages at the concert. Don't have to worry about driving...just walk to the elevator and go to your room.
I recommend buying the room/breakfast package. The Buffet has anything you can imagine from fresh fruit to cereals to juices to made to order omelets....get the most for your money that way.
They really "jack up" the prices but the rooms are in excellent shape, clean, comfy....
The only complaint was being hungry after a concert and no food available, gift shop for snacks - CLOSED, no vending machines whatsoever in the building....when calling front desk, they recommended we walk across the street to the Hilton...LOL

Room Tip: I always ask for a high floor away from elevator and vending because I am a light sleeper. The most...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cassidy C
Thank you for your review on your stay with us. Hyatt is definitely the place to stay when attending a concert or a ballgame at Rupp Arena. We appreciate your nice comments about our sleeping rooms and our breakfast buffet in the BlueFire Grill.

We hope you return soon!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is the 2nd year my large family group has booked rooms at the Hyatt Regency in Lexington for a stay after spending the day at Keeneland. I have to say I definitely enjoyed my stay more last year than this year. While the rooms were a bit pricey last year, they were VERY high priced for what they were this year. To start with, the location is great, convenient to Keeneland and to Lexington in general. Check in was smooth and easy and the staff member was friendly. Upon entering our room, the first thing I noticed was that it was small for the rates charged. The bathroom was small and had only one sink and no exhaust fan, which I found very strange. The remote control was so worn out it wouldn't work the tv and we had to call the front desk. They did replace the remote after we had left our room again. The view over Triangle Park was very nice. The hotel did a great job setting up an area for our large group in the bar/restaurant and the servers were friendly and provided very good service. However, none of the 18 people in our group thought the food was very good. Upon returning to the room, I did find a small blood stain on the sheet of the bed (not mine). The mattress and pillows were very comfortable. The biggest issue I had with this room is that it needs some serious soundproofing! The traffic noise from the streetside windows was awful, especially as it seemed to be a busy evening for police or ambulances - something with sirens! If you were interested in knowing when all of the guests on the floor were coming and/or going from their rooms, never fear as you could hear the slamming of every door every time they came or went. My boyfriend had got up to use the bathroom and the toilet kept running LOUDLY (again, no soundproofing anywhere in the room!) so I went in to see what was going on and ended up having to fiddle in the tank as the flapper was stuck. The worst part was at around 3 in the monring there was a loud group of people standing in the hallway (I thought) talking. They were there for some time so I finally got up to use the bathroom and it dawned on me then that the people I was hearing were NOT in the hallway, they were in the room next door! Had I been interested in what their conversation was I could have told you word for word what it was! Overall a pretty nice hotel but probably would not stay here again due to the prices and the noisiness of the stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience during your stay with us.

If you will reach out to me on your next trip to Lexington, I will be happy to ensure that you have a much better stay with us and handle your reservations myself.

Glen Allen, Virginia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Hyatt Regency Lexington is in a good location. It is downtown, which provides nice access to a lot of restaurants. It is also directly connected to Rupp Arena and a shopping area. With that said, I think it is overpriced like all other Hyatts. You receive fewer amenities (e.g., free wireless Internet) than lower-priced hotels (e.g., Holiday Inn Express) and the amenities that you do receive are the same quality as lower-priced hotels. One positive thing about the rooms is that you do have nice views because there are not many tall buildings in downtown Lexington. If you do not care about location that much, I would look for a lower-priced hotel like a Holiday Inn Express. If you care about location, and are willing to pay the price, this may be the place for you.

1 Thank kandkwed
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
I appreciate that you've taken the time to provide a review of your experience at our hotel. I apologize that you were disappointed with our amenities that we provide to our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the city views from our rooms.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Baltimore, MD and NYC
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Clean and modern hotel and rooms. Rooms medium to small compared to others I've visited. This is king std room. Short visit so can't comment on restaurant/bar but bright open bar area off lobby looked inviting when I strolled in late my night of check in.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Glenn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor Review about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope you will return soon!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had a meeting at the Hyatt Regency Lexington and Lexington Convention Center and it was extremely successful. Meeting attendees raved about the staff’s professionalism, overall accommodations and location. Most of all, they loved the delicious food that was prepared for our events. I appreciated that we received more value for our money! Our appreciation of the service that we received cannot be overstated. Every staff person was courteous and well-informed. It made my job much easier knowing that that the hotel / LCC staff were ready to support our every request with such friendly service and quick response times. I hope to have the opportunity to return to your facility.

Room Tip: There is a FREE shuttle from LEX to the hotel. Be sure to contact the bell desk to confirm a time; h...
Kimberly A,

We are delighted with your comments about your experience hosting a group with the Hyatt Regency Lexington. We will share your comments about the professionalism, the friendly service, and the responsiveness that you received from our staff. We do appreciate the time you've spent to share your experience with others and we would love to have your group return in the future.

Thank you very much for your business!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is dated, and not a luxury property. You are better off in Lexington going to one of the boutique hotels. Lexington is a very pleasant city with a number of very good restaurants. The Hilton is less nice than the Hyatt, so I would avoid them both.

Room Tip: Stay on an higher floor looking at downtown.
Dear Chuck N

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on TripAdvisor. I do apologize that you were disappointed with your experience at our hotel and I invite you to give us another try on any future visits to the Bluegrass. I would be happy to handle your reservation arrangements personally to ensure you have a great stay at our hotel.

larry.bell@hyatt.com