“Right smack in downtown.”

Hyatt Regency Lexington
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed August 2, 2013

A variety of dining places to choose from. A Starbucks close by (which I can see from my window). A few blocks away from the Todd house. A must for those who enjoy American history. There are other things to do, but it depends on your interest.

• Stayed: August 2013
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your good review of our hotel. We are certainly located in the "heart of downtown" within easy walking distance of attractions, restaurants and nightlife. Many of our guest rooms overlook scenic Triangle Park, with beautiful fountains that are illuminated at night.

We appreciate your business and please return soon.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Lexington

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We spent 5 nights at the Hyatt and I would probably not stay here again. The good points, the staff go out of their way to be helpful and friendly and the location if you are going to a basket ball game, or for us a conference this trip. Otherwise the prices are higher than other hotels in the area plus you have to pay for internet $9. -14.99 a day per laptop or tablet. There is no outdoor pool and the indoor one is just ok. The restaurant is empty most of the time and we found out why. We ate breakfast there one morning, nothing special and the bill was close to $30.00. I went down and ordered 2 desserts the first night we arrived and they forgot one of them!! They were awful too. I was disappointed in the quality of this Hyatt and will stay somewhere else next trip to Lexington.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank t p

Thank you for taking the time and effort to submit a review on your experience at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the issue you experienced in our Blue Fire Grill. I will certainly follow up on your comments with our team to ensure that we improve.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I typically do not write reviews, but wanted to quickly tell others about my experience. I stayed at the Hyatt over the weekend with my two sons for a jr tennis tournament held in Lexington (Ryan Holder TT). The room was a traditional 2 double bed room in size, well decorated (clean, crisp, conservative look) with a modern desk, dresser and chair.

I'd like to congratulate the owners/manager on the positive workplace they evidently promote. I spoke with four different employees of the property, all who were pleasant, talkative and eager to assist. Maybe I had a unique experience, but this reminded me of a Disney World property (where employees also smile and genuinely seem to care). I've stayed at this hotel twice, and as a picky traveler, have had a overwhelming positive experience. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and housekeeping replaced the sheets on the 2nd day (on request).

My only complaint only impacts larger parties (families) -- the rooms only have one sink (in the bathroom), making it more cumbersome to dress and prepare in the morning -- having a vanity outside the bathroom would be ideal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the excellent review of our hotel. We will certainly share your feedback with our team and thank you for your loyalty as well.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

So I stayed here last year for a week long conference and was impressed with the hotel. I'm here now for the same conference and I'm having a completely different experience. Room not as clean (pink film on the showerhead was a red flag), absolutely no soundproofing in the rooms streetside (I had a courtyard view last year). Furnishings in the room in need of repair, over-seasoned food from room service, housekeeping neglecting to replenish toiletries. It's all adding up to one disappointing stay. I'm a Hyatt Passport member and I'm considering moving my reservation to the Hilton across the street next year. Not pleased at all!

• Stayed: July 2013

I have reviewed your comments from your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for your obviously disappointing experience. We take the feedback we receive from our TripAdvisor reviews very seriously and will follow up with our team.

Please reach out to me directly and I will make every effort to make this right for you.

larry.bell@hyatt.com

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were with a large car group in June and this hotel was a wonderful venue for hosting a national conference. The check in is a bit odd, what with the individual computer station where the clerk stands to check you in but it all worked! Great local restaurants are within walking distance and there is a great coffee shop right off the lobby in the Hyatt that serves fresh Starbucks coffee 24 hours a day. The convention center and some specialty shops are connected with the hotel and it is a nice place to browse. Rooms are clean and spacious. We had only one problem--on our last night, there was a loud room next to ours and it kept me up during the night. Someone must have complained as security (I guess) from the hotel came up, knocked and told them to quiet down. It was fine after that. I did mention this in the follow up survey from Hyatt, and a manager did mention an upgrade on my next stay. Nice of them to do but I rarely stay at Hyatt and will probably never be able to use the upgrade. Would have preferred a credit on my stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a central location for touring the sights in Lexington.

Room Tip: Loved overlooking the park; we were able to see a movie being shown in the park on Friday night and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your thoughtful review of our hotel. We were delighted to host your group in Lexington. We do appreciate the nice remarks about both our hotel and our convenient downtown location.

Of course, please accept our apology for your final sleepless night. We know how important a good night's sleep is and therefore, we are pleased that we were able to quiet your neighbor down after we were made aware of the issue.

Please return again soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My fiance and I stayed this past Friday night at the Hyatt Regency Lexington. It was easy to get to from I64 and liked that we had free parking across the street. We did not speak to any employees at the front desk, as we self checked in.
The room was nice and roomy and we loved the comfortable king bed. Our room overlooked the lobby, which was a little different, but okay.
We stopped and had a drink at the bar, and the bartender was friendly, and informative. He gave us a recommendation for a place we could walk to for dinner, since the hotel restaurant was getting ready to close.
We took a walk around the building to the park with the fountains. It was a very pleasant and relaxing walk and the neighborhood seemed nice.
The hotel is connected to Rupp Arena, which was neat to see. Also, if you go down a couple of flight of stairs, there is a shopping center below the hotel, which has a bar and a food court and shops.
Saturday morning, we got up and had the breakfast buffet at the Bluefire Bar and Grill. It was really good for a buffet and we would definitely eat there again.
Great place to stay and I was pleasantly surprised on how much we enjoyed Lexington. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Shannon,

Thank you for your excellent review of your experience at the Hyatt Regency Lexington. We couldn't agree more with you that Lexington makes a great destination for a weekend away from home. In addition to enjoying your guest room and your drink at the BlueFire Grill, it sounds like that you were able to take in some of the downtown areas within walking distance of our hotel.

On your next visit to the Bluegrass, I would suggest visiting Shaker Village, the Kentucky Horse Park or one of our nearby Bourbon Distilleries There are many interesting attractions within a short drive of our hotel. Please return again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have to start off with saying that this hotel located right next to kentucky Universities basketball arena. So, that right is a bonus!. The rooms at the hyatt are great, the staff is phenominal. The restaurant Bluefire Bar and Grill is absolutely amazing and relatively inexspensive. I will be back again and hopefully get to see some basketball next time!

Room Tip: Any room is great! I especially enjoy the purerooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dan, thanks for your great review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind remarks about our hotel and the convenience of our connection to Rupp Arena, a shrine to College Basketball.

We'll also share your comments about the outstanding service you received from our staff. We know they will enjoy reading your very positive feedback. Finally, we are glad you enjoyed dining in the BlueFire Grill.

Come back soon and Go Big Blue!