“Friendly Staff and Nice Downtown Location”

Hyatt Regency Lexington
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night and I am pretty sure there were no major events downtown or at Rupp Arena as the hotel and area were not very crowded at all. Upon arrival the check in process was very easy and quick. The staff was some of the most friendly staff I have encountered. We purchased the room on priceline for well below the regular rate that evening, which made this hotel a great value, I am not sure that I would have been quite as satisfied had we paid the full price but for what we paid it was fantastic.

The room and public areas were very clean and spacious. There is free parking just across the street from the enterance. The bathroom was a little small and the bathtub itself was a little dated but this was not a major issue as there were just two of us in the room. I was pleased to see that there were a good amount of electrical outlets and several large mirrors as I feel that many hotels lack in having adequate area to get ready when there are multiple people trying to get ready at once.

The bed was very comfortable and the room kept at a constant and comfortable temperature. Occasionally I heard the thump of doors slamming but I never heard any noise in the hallways or adjacent rooms which was nice.

I was plesantly surprised to see an extensive list of complimentary items to keep or borrow if left at home that went beyond the usual shampoo, soap, toothbrush, etc.

The view from our room overlooked triangle park which was nice, and there are several shops, entertainment venues, and eateries within walking distance of the hotel.

I would stay here again if getting at a bargain rate, and possibly again if I had an event to attend in the area.

Room Tip: Ask to be on a high floor and overlook triangle park. It is a nice view of lexington.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. We will pass on your very nice comments about our staff friendliness, the cleanliness of our hotel and the service you received.

We hope you will come back and stay with us again. Thanks again for your business.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Lexington

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I traveled to Lexington for a Taylor Swift Concert on a Saturday evening. I booked five rooms for our group of 20, which we paid $272 each in advance. Knowing that the concert was sold out, I would have expected the staff would be more prepared. The valets were above and beyond friendly and helpful. Check-in was a breeze. We were placed on a floor designated as a "quiet floor". We did our best to keep the girls settled down but would have preferred not to have that extra pressure.

After the concert, we took our group to the pool. Naturally, they were hungry. We were informed there were no vending machines on site, anywhere. And one of our moms had to beg the restaurant staff for some pretzels and cheese. They really didn't even want to do this for us. Hyatt could have made a small fortune from the mass amount of hungry girls if they would have thought this out beforehand.

The hotel is fine, but just know that you are paying for convenience, not a great hotel experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for posting your review of your visit on Tripadvisor. We are happy to read that the rooms, valet parking and registration experience was very good.

After reading your comments, we can certainly understand your frustration with needing to feed some hungry girls after the concert and the lack of food available at that time. We will take note of your concerns to see if we can improve the after concert food availability in the future.

If you will reach out to me, we will see what we can do to make it up to you.

larry.bell@hyatt.com

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel was extremely convenient for our stay in Lexington, but for the price we paid we did expect that little bit more from the hotel.

Our initial interaction was with the front desk staff and they were very professional and courteous. The luggage handlers were also very professional and a nice bonus.

The room was really nothing more than what you would expect from a 2star hotel though and could easily be compared to say, an average Best Western, a Baymont or a Comfort Inn. The only difference is staying at one of those hotels, they at least offer a free wi-fi service.

The room was nothing to write home about although we did have a nice view.

The bathroom definitely needed attention and had a little mold in it.

For the price, I think that they could have done a little better. I stayed here covenience which was nice, but I believe that next time I will pay less and stay a little further out.

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend a room on a higher floor facing Main Street for the view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience at our hotel for the Taylor Swift Concert. We apologize if you were disappointed in your guest room. We will certainly follow up on your comments on your bathroom for the benefit of future guests.

When there is a major event taking place, there is a premium at our hotel for the convenience of being literally attached to the entrance of Rupp Arena. Also, Hyatt guests receive complimentary self-parking compared with the considerable expense and inconvenience of getting into and out of the Rupp Arena parking lot for other guests. However, we encourage you to try us again in the future, as we often offer guest rooms at a significant value when we are not full.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is the place to stay for events at Rupp Arena. The lobby of this hotel and the Rupp lobby are connected. You are only steps away. from your event. The staff was very friendly, very helpful and the property was very clean. The room was as expected. Don’t drink or eat in the bar. Very Very pricey (and really do not order the pretzel sticks and cheese as they are really 20 cents worth of hard pretzel sticks for $$$) - Walk a block north to a whole group of small local bars and restaurants (The Village Idiot) is GREAT. The Horse and Barrel is great for live music and the world’s best selection of Kentucky Bourbon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. Yes, our lobby is connected to Rupp Arena, so whether you are attending the Taylor Swift Concert or a University of Kentucky basketball game, you can't improve on our location. Also, we appreciate your commenting on the cleanliness of our hotel and the helpful and friendly service you received from our associates.

We will certainly follow up on your comments about the appetizer you had in our BlueFire Grill. Please return for another visit soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I booked a room here for a conference. On check-in, the staff was not accustomed to tax-exempt folks who are required by their employers to get and it took an additional 20 minutes to get checked in while the desk clerk learned what to do and copy my tax-exempt status document and credit card. More on that later.....

The room was nice but obviously dated, more so than any other Hyatt I've stayed in. The rooms could definitely use a facelift. The walls were too thin too, as I heard adjacent room occupants doing normal human things like talking, coughing, and snoring as I tried to get to sleep, The convenience of being in the hotel where my conference was being held in the adjoining conference center kind of made up for these deficiencies, however.

On the first day's stay, I found the infamous small card in the bathroom that the hotel wants to help the environment by not replacing the bed and bath linens daily unless you contact the front desk to do otherwise. I'm paying for daily renewals, so I let the front desk know I expected it. This worked the second day of my stay, but not the third. When I returned to my room at 3 pm during a break, the room had still not been cleaned and I called the front desk. When I returned after 5 pm, it had been cleaned, but the same bloody stain spot on my bed linens (not mine) was there for me to endure yet again.

Upon check-out, I saw that I was still being charged state sales tax. The desk clerk didn't know what to do, and she asked the manager for help. I had to explain that I had checked in giving the tax-exempt document and card and that they had been copied, but he could not find evidence of those copies. So, I had to produce the documents yet again before they finally took the tax off (another 45 minutes for check-out).

The only other positive thing I can say for this hotel is that they do provide complimentary self-parking across the street. Otherwise, this experience is not what one should expect for a Hyatt Regency property.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

We appreciate the time and effort involved for you to write such a thoughtful review of your experience at our hotel. Obviously, these issues that you encountered fell far short of our normal standards. We would love an opportunity to set things right with you and follow up with our staff, for improvement, after learning the particulars. Therefore, please reach out to me when it is convenient for you.

Larry.Bell@hyatt.com

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here while attending a conference at the Lexington Convention Center. Overall the stay was enjoyable. The hotel staff was very nice and professional. The room was spotless. The hotel is in a very convenient location.

My room location was a little odd. I stayed on the third floor and had a balcony overlooking the dining/lounge area. Unfortunately this made the room quite noisy during the evening. It was a bit annoying, but nothing that a pillow over the head couldn't solve. The noise started to quiet down after 11 or so. Next time I would ask to be put in a room on the other side of the building though or in a room on a higher floor.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your thoughtful review of our hotel and for the helpful comments for other Trip Advisor followers. We were delighted that you enjoyed your encounters with our staff and found your guest room to be "spotless." We regret that you found your atrium room, not as tranquil as you would have liked and appreciate your tips for future guests.

Please return soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here two nights for The Run The Bluegrass Half Marathon. It is in a great location, close to everything. The room was clean and the bed was wonderful. Slept great both nights. We were near a elevator, which we heard people voices a lot. I would ask for a room away from the elevators, but thats in any hotel. You can go to the Basement level of the hotel for some shopping and a couple of places to get a quick bite.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your thoughtful comments about your experience at our hotel while running the "Run the Bluegrass" Half-Marathon. We've had other positive reviews on runners here for that race over Easter Weekend. You may also want to look into the Bluegrass 10,000 held every year over the July 4th Holiday.

We hope to host you again in the near future.