“Customer Service Rates Ultra High”

Hyatt Regency Lexington
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed at this Hyatt for a conference from Oct. 19 through Oct. 23, 2011. The hotel itself is lovely and well maintained, but the real treasure is the staff. Every one I interacted with had a positive "I'll -take-care-of-that" attitude and was not only efficient, but personable and seemed genuine. No put on smiles or fake interest. One outstanding example is one of the waiters in Blue Fire Grill. I was exhausted and hungry from a flight across the country and he made me smile and laugh. My highest marks to Garrett who is funny and warm as well as a quality waiter. I can only hope I have the opportunity to return. The Lexington area is now on my (admittedly) long list of places I really need to explore more thoroughly. My sincere thanks Hyatt!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate the nice comments about our facility and our service. Please return soon to see more of the Bluegrass. Next visit you may want to visit Woodford Reserve or take an afternoon to explore the Bourbon Trail.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Lexington

Reviewed October 15, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Lexington, Kentucky on Fri., Oct. 14, 2011 to attend the UK Big Blue Madness! This was our first stay at this location and we were very pleased. The room and the hotel itself was very clean. Also, the staff was helpful and friendly. It was great to just walk across the lobby to enter Rupp Arena. No fighting traffic coming and going! How convenient, which cut out a lot of stress. Would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: The higher floors give you an excellent view of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

We appreciate your thoughtful comments about our location, guestrooms and service. Thank you for your outstanding review of our hotel.

We are glad you enjoyed attending the UK Big Blue Madness event at Rupp Arena. Due to our location (Rupp adjoins our lobby) the energy in the BlueFire Grill before UK basketball games is fabulous. This year's wildcats are expected to continue the winning tradition. We cannot wait for basketball season to begin!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stayed at this hotel recently on a girls' weekend, and overall had a pretty good stay. The room was pretty big, which was awesome, and very well located. I wasn't there for a convention, but it was kind of nice being attached because there was a horror movie convention going on and we got to watch all the interesting people come and go. Plus it gave the lobby a fun, buzzy atmosphere, which I like much better than a dead or silent first floor. We spent a decent amount of time in the restaurant/lounge, which had pretty good food, and nice -- though slow -- service. The bartender knew us by the last night and was friendly and cool. Apart from the front desk, the staff was nice and helpful, particularly in the restaurant and at the valet area.

There were only a couple of downsides. First, the front desk was a little bit rude every time we called, which was off-putting. They also were not very knowledgeable -- for example, one night we wanted to order a pizza, and they told us every pizza place was closed. While we were in the lounge a half an hour later, we saw a pizza being delivered. We talked to the delivery guy and found out that that place was open for another hour. The only other complaint was that the housekeeping staff did a really lousy job while we were there. The room was clean when we arrived, no doubt, but they failed to make our beds (I guess because there was stuff on them) and nothing at all was tidied up except the towels in the bathroom. So that was disappointing.

Overall, though, it was a pretty good hotel in a good location, and a decent value for the price.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your comments on your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your overall positive review of our hotel. Hyatt makes a great headquarters for a weekend in the Bluegrass.

Please be assured that we will follow up with our staff on your comments about the Front Desk and Housekeeping. These appear to be training issues for our associates and we will ensure that we take advantage of your experience to educate our staff members in order to improve our service.

Please feel free to contact me on your next trip to Lexington; I would be delighted to assist you.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

My husband and I were recently in Lexington celebrating our anniversary and staying at the Hyatt was extremely convenient and comfortable for us. It's walkable to great bars (Cheapside, The Rosebud Bar, Bluegrass Tavern, Goodfellas Pizza, McCarthy's Irish Pub, DeSha's......etc).

The rooms are clean (great pillows) and very sizeable. I recommend getting a room far from the elevator. Sound travels through the corridors and there were several times where my husband and I were awakened by very noisy guests who thought they were the only ones in the hotel. This is in no way pointing a finger at the Hyatt. I'm pointing the finger at rude people. One thing that I might suggest would be for the Hyatt to remind guests (or place a note on the door) that the doors slam shut automatically. This was another pet peeve of hotel guests just letting their room door slam no matter what time.

Back to the positive! Richard was wonderful with directions to nearby bars and our bartender was very friendly the night we stopped in for one last drink. Parking was free! Where do you get that anymore??

Next time we will be certain to take advantage of the pool and workout facility. They looked very nice!

PS - If you are there in the winter or during rain take advantage of the skywalks. They are great!

Room Tip: High floor away from the elevator. Suggest you get a room with the park side view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WASlovesWAS
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. The Hyatt is convenient to all of Lexington's restaurants and nightlife. In addition to the restaurants and bars you named in your review, there are many new restaurants and nightclubs to try out in downtown Lexington. Ask us for recommendations on your next visit.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Reviewed October 4, 2011

I was in Lexington for my Brothers wedding, which the reception was also at the hotel. The hotel lobby was very beautiful and looked like it had been remodeled in the past year. The Valet (Keith, I believe his name was) was a super friendly and was the perfect person to be the first point of contact. The rooms were clean and comfortable, nothing special. I ate there for breakfast one morning and didn't care for it too much. Every one else raved about it but I think it was because I came down towards the end so the buffet wasn't full and the food tasted like it had been out for a while. I DID eat their for dinner the last night and LOVED it. The bison bites have to be one of the best things I've eaten in a while. LOVED THEM! All and all, the entire staff was friendly and very attentive to all of our needs. Bravo!

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the city. Odd face a parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank R0ssB

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We'll be sure to pass on your great comments to Keith; he is one of our many outstanding associates.

Congratulations to your brother and his new bride on their wedding. Many happy returns!

Reviewed October 4, 2011

This hotel has a great location, right downtown. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Any attraction you wish to see, just ask at the front desk and they will give you a preprinted direction card, as well as answer your questions. We stayed for two nights and enjoyed the bar on our way back to our room after a long day exploring the city. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fallcolours
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. Our hotel is a short walking distance to great downtown restaurants, entertainment and night life. If you wish to venture farther away our staff can help with that as well.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency during Labor Day weekend (which was probably my 1st mistake). I arrived to a lobby FULL of people there attending a book club event or something. A hotel clerk greeted me and checked me in. I requested a room far from all the noise and he provided me with a nice quiet room – at least it was quiet for 1 night. The hotel is very beautifully designed and decorated.

There were people hanging out in the lobby all day and night. There are 3 elevators, which were always full. I visited the pool and fitness area, which was probably the only area in the hotel that wasn’t packed w/ppl.

I visited the Kentucky Horse Park, which I absolutely loved. I can’t wait to plan another trip to Lexington just so I can go back to the horse park!

I ordered room service both days and it was delicious!

The 2nd night of my stay was insane. My next-door neighbors were so noisy; doors slammed shut non-stop throughout the night and into the morning. I slept about 2 hours and then about 5a I decided I could at least get some peace and quiet down in the fitness center. After my workout and swim, I packed up and checked out of the hotel by 8a (it was nice to beat the rush).

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Thank you for your overall positive review of your experience at our hotel over Labor Day Weekend. We appreciate your nice comments about our hotel, our facilities and the quality of our Room Service. However, as noted in your comments, our hotel was very busy with a large reunion group and we sincerely apologize that the level of their activity disturbed your stay with us. Lexington is a great community to visit and we hope we will have an opportunity to be your host again on your next trip to the Bluegrass.