“Very nice staff, beautiful and clean rooms”

Hyatt Regency Lexington
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
“Very nice staff, beautiful and clean rooms”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I was in Lexington for my Brothers wedding, which the reception was also at the hotel. The hotel lobby was very beautiful and looked like it had been remodeled in the past year. The Valet (Keith, I believe his name was) was a super friendly and was the perfect person to be the first point of contact. The rooms were clean and comfortable, nothing special. I ate there for breakfast one morning and didn't care for it too much. Every one else raved about it but I think it was because I came down towards the end so the buffet wasn't full and the food tasted like it had been out for a while. I DID eat their for dinner the last night and LOVED it. The bison bites have to be one of the best things I've eaten in a while. LOVED THEM! All and all, the entire staff was friendly and very attentive to all of our needs. Bravo!

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the city. Odd face a parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank R0ssB
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We'll be sure to pass on your great comments to Keith; he is one of our many outstanding associates.

Congratulations to your brother and his new bride on their wedding. Many happy returns!

Larry Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Belle River
Reviewed October 4, 2011

This hotel has a great location, right downtown. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Any attraction you wish to see, just ask at the front desk and they will give you a preprinted direction card, as well as answer your questions. We stayed for two nights and enjoyed the bar on our way back to our room after a long day exploring the city. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fallcolours
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. Our hotel is a short walking distance to great downtown restaurants, entertainment and night life. If you wish to venture farther away our staff can help with that as well.

Pontiac, Michigan
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency during Labor Day weekend (which was probably my 1st mistake). I arrived to a lobby FULL of people there attending a book club event or something. A hotel clerk greeted me and checked me in. I requested a room far from all the noise and he provided me with a nice quiet room – at least it was quiet for 1 night. The hotel is very beautifully designed and decorated.

There were people hanging out in the lobby all day and night. There are 3 elevators, which were always full. I visited the pool and fitness area, which was probably the only area in the hotel that wasn’t packed w/ppl.

I visited the Kentucky Horse Park, which I absolutely loved. I can’t wait to plan another trip to Lexington just so I can go back to the horse park!

I ordered room service both days and it was delicious!

The 2nd night of my stay was insane. My next-door neighbors were so noisy; doors slammed shut non-stop throughout the night and into the morning. I slept about 2 hours and then about 5a I decided I could at least get some peace and quiet down in the fitness center. After my workout and swim, I packed up and checked out of the hotel by 8a (it was nice to beat the rush).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Thank you for your overall positive review of your experience at our hotel over Labor Day Weekend. We appreciate your nice comments about our hotel, our facilities and the quality of our Room Service. However, as noted in your comments, our hotel was very busy with a large reunion group and we sincerely apologize that the level of their activity disturbed your stay with us. Lexington is a great community to visit and we hope we will have an opportunity to be your host again on your next trip to the Bluegrass.

Middleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Spent 4 nights while my husband was at a conference. Arrived on Saturday afternoon without seeing a valet or being greeted. I had some restaurants I was considering and was told there was no concierge that day. I asked about the restaurants and was told by the front desk"I don't eat out much". So, we chose a restaurant and asked directions. They gave us directions to another restaurant! Sunday morning I discovered the hair dryer did not work. I called the front desk at 7:30 am and was asked to hold even though I said my hair dryer does not work and I have wet hair! Someone does not understand!

The basic room was nice and clean. Bed was very comfortable. The towels were thin not fluffy. They could really use new towels. They only had one washcloth in the room two nights and one day the room was not cleaned until after I got back at 3:00 pm.

I was with a group eating breakfast together at the hotel. Service at breakfast was poor. When asking for coffee they poured it in a cup elsewhere and brought the one cup to the table. We finally suggested that for 12 of us they could leave a carafe at the table.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you for writing and making us aware of your experience. We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience during your stay at our hotel.

As you can tell from reading our other reviews on Tripadvisor.com, your experience isn't typical of what our guests encounter at the Hyatt and we will certainly follow up on your comments with our staff.

We understand your disappointment and would like an opportunity to make it right for you. If you read our response, please contact me and we will make every effort to make amends.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Great place to stay! So much to do and places to eat all within walking distance! Shuttle available for $2 a person to/from commonwealth stadium for football game!

• Stayed September 2011
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Thanks for the great review of our hotel. As you mentioned, the shuttle to the UK games is just steps away.

Go Cats!

Reviewed August 31, 2011

I am what is known as a road warrior; I am in a hotel four nights per week for forty-nine weeks out of the year. It is very important when you spend so much time traveling that a hotel meets a few standards. As a business traveler, I need a peaceful night's sleep to be productive and a great restaurant with a great bar for my clients and me. The hotel must be clean and have an attentive staff. Most important as a female, it must be safe! The Hyatt Regency in Lexington, Kentucky not only meets but also far exceeds my expectations. Katharine and Vanessa assisted me at the desk. They were amazing! My bellmen Keith and Robert were awesome and always there to assist me with my luggage, computer bag and sales materials. Every member of the restaurant staff was professional and attentive. James in housekeeping assisted me in getting a few extra items that I needed for my room. I name the staff as much as possible, because they never failed to call me by name from the moment I arrived! Not one member of staff failed to learn my during my brief stay! It was obvious the room had thoroughly cleaned when I first arrived and throughout my stay. I must commend the general manager for his management. He is fortunate to have an incredible staff, but he sets an example. When I leave a hotel, I always complete my comment card. The general manager took time to drop me a thank you email for my comments! That truly is the sign of excellent customer service from every member of the hotel staff! I would highly recommend the Hyatt Lexington to any traveler, but the business traveler cannot go wrong with the service, location and FREE and SECURE parking in a downtown area!

Room Tip: My best advice as a seasoned traveler is simple just be polite to the staff and they will treat you...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you very much for posting the excellent review of our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We also appreciate the very thoughtful comments on our staff and we will pass them along so they will know you were very pleased with their service.

We look forward to having you stay with us again, when your travels bring you back to Lexington.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Excellent Hotel if you are attending an event @ the Rupp Arena which adjoins this property . Pros; Location, large clean guest rooms, efficient &. personable front desk staff, excellent airport shuttle service . Cons; Loud chatter in hallway from housekeeping staff & DAILY problems with magnetic room/key card. .

Would definately return to this Hotel when attending an event @ the Rupp. However, if the Hyatt was fully booked would try the Hilton which is right across the St. from the Rupp.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Thank Mr. Matt
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you for using TripAdvisor to make potential guests aware of your experience at our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the convenience of our hotel to Rupp Arena. The Hyatt Regency Lexington is, without question, the place to stay at when attending Concerts and UK Basketball Games held at Rupp. The pre-game energy in our lobby is really exciting.

Please accept our apology if our staff conversation disturbed you. We will certainly follow up on your comments with our Director of Housekeeping, as this is easily correctible. Finally, sometimes keys can become demagnetized when kept near a cell phone.

Thanks for your comments and we look forward to serving you again soon.