Hyatt Regency Lexington
$114
$115
Great 4.5/5
Candlewood Suites Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$80
Great 4.5/5
Clarion Hotel Conference Center North(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$89
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
$93
Very Good 4/5
Hyatt Place Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$135
$115
Hotels.com
1,176 results
All reviewsrupp arenaconvention centerfree parking across the streettriangle parkself parkingroom serviceuk basketballwithin walking distanceattending an eventbasketball gamedowntown hotelbreakfast buffetfront desk staffexcellent stayenjoyed my staygreat place to staythe room was nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I am what is known as a road warrior; I am in a hotel four nights per week for forty-nine weeks out of the year. It is very important when you spend so much time traveling that a hotel meets a few standards. As a business traveler, I need a peaceful night's sleep to be productive and a great restaurant with a great bar for my clients and me. The hotel must be clean and have an attentive staff. Most important as a female, it must be safe! The Hyatt Regency in Lexington, Kentucky not only meets but also far exceeds my expectations. Katharine and Vanessa assisted me at the desk. They were amazing! My bellmen Keith and Robert were awesome and always there to assist me with my luggage, computer bag and sales materials. Every member of the restaurant staff was professional and attentive. James in housekeeping assisted me in getting a few extra items that I needed for my room. I name the staff as much as possible, because they never failed to call me by name from the moment I arrived! Not one member of staff failed to learn my during my brief stay! It was obvious the room had thoroughly cleaned when I first arrived and throughout my stay. I must commend the general manager for his management. He is fortunate to have an incredible staff, but he sets an example. When I leave a hotel, I always complete my comment card. The general manager took time to drop me a thank you email for my comments! That truly is the sign of excellent customer service from every member of the hotel staff! I would highly recommend the Hyatt Lexington to any traveler, but the business traveler cannot go wrong with the service, location and FREE and SECURE parking in a downtown area!

Room Tip: My best advice as a seasoned traveler is simple just be polite to the staff and they will treat you exceptionally!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Thank you very much for posting the excellent review of our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We also appreciate the very thoughtful comments on our staff and we will pass them along so they will know you were very pleased with their service.

We look forward to having you stay with us again, when your travels bring you back to Lexington.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Excellent Hotel if you are attending an event @ the Rupp Arena which adjoins this property . Pros; Location, large clean guest rooms, efficient &. personable front desk staff, excellent airport shuttle service . Cons; Loud chatter in hallway from housekeeping staff & DAILY problems with magnetic room/key card. .

Would definately return to this Hotel when attending an event @ the Rupp. However, if the Hyatt was fully booked would try the Hilton which is right across the St. from the Rupp.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Thank Mr. Matt
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Thank you for using TripAdvisor to make potential guests aware of your experience at our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the convenience of our hotel to Rupp Arena. The Hyatt Regency Lexington is, without question, the place to stay at when attending Concerts and UK Basketball Games held at Rupp. The pre-game energy in our lobby is really exciting.

Please accept our apology if our staff conversation disturbed you. We will certainly follow up on your comments with our Director of Housekeeping, as this is easily correctible. Finally, sometimes keys can become demagnetized when kept near a cell phone.

Thanks for your comments and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

I booked a non-smoking room for a business trip to Lexington. When I arrived, the hotel assigned me a room (not saying anything about it); upon entering the room it was immediately clear that this was a smoking room. I went back downstairs to say I'd like a non-smoking room, as I had booked one. The hotel employee was apologetic but said they are all booked, and this is the best he can give me. He was nice about it but was also clear that there were no other options. I went back to my (smoking) room. After 20 minutes or so, I couldn't stand it (who would have known that smoking rooms even exist any more? I have many smoking friends who would never book a smoking room...). I went back downstairs and said I can't stay here, asking if they have any sort of agreements with other hotels. The same employee immediately said, yes, they did, he would check with them. At this point I got frustrated and asked him why he didn't tell me this 20 minutes ago (this all happened past midnight, so these 20 minutes were lost sleep, not to mention the time it took to discuss everything). He said he's just doing his job and that he was trained to offer guests alternate accommodations only when they ask. I guess the message is: if something goes wrong, we all need to yell at everyone and then they'll actually make something happen. About two hours after arriving at the Hyatt, I was booked into a non-smoking room at another hotel more than 5 miles away (to be fair, Hyatt paid for transportation and the room for that night). The employees were not helpful for the most part; actually, I should say that they were not trained professionally (they seemed perfectly nice people). It was not a good experience.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank matthbeck
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your visit with us on Trip Advisor. Please accept our sincere apology for not having the non-smoking room you reserved available when you arrived at our hotel for your conference. This is a very rare occurrence at our hotel.

We understand your disappointment and we regret the inconvenience with relocating to a nearby hotel. We expect our staff to make every provision to ensure the satisfaction of our guests and we clearly came up short in this case. However, we are glad that we arranged your transportation to and from the alternate hotel and then paid for your accommodations. We were also glad that you spent the remaining nights of your conference with us.

Finally, we are sorry that we were unable to reach you after your return to our hotel, as we made several additional attempts to make things right so you would be aware of our sincere regret for the inconvenience our error caused you.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Everything worked (the bathtub was slow to drain, but then I didn't have to stay and watch it), no noise, nothing to complain about, elevators that talked to you, and--get this--free parking in the lot across the street. The internet was $10 a day, but that's better then $15. The pop machine dispensed 20-ounce bottles for a mere $1.50. I know that soda expense is not a large consideration in choosing a hotel, but I like not feeling ripped off.
Downtown Lexington contains no drugstore, no grocery, and no fast food places. Fierce zoning laws must be in effect. There's no bookstore either, but that's probably not because of zoning. Horses and bourbon, that's what Lexingtonians are into.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Larry B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hyatt Regency and we look forward to serving you again soon. I am also happy to report that we have had a downtown market open recently. You will love it on your next trip here.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

It's a Hyatt, so the room is very nice. Large and functional room, nice TV and comfortable bed. Only downside....you have to pay for wireless. But that to be expected, especially at higher end properties.

I ordered room service dinner. It was reasonable, came quick - sooner than promised- and very tasty.

The best feauture of the hotel is it's location. In the heart of a very vibrant downtown Lexington. It's close to a bunch of nice bars, restaurants and shops. Rupp Arena is inside the hotel. So it's definitely the lace to stay if you are coming in for a game or show.

Second best feature? Free airport shuttle to the airport, which is about 15 minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
HyattMGR, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

We appreciate your effort to make others aware of your experience at our hotel and thank you for your thoughtful comments about our facilities and service. We do offer nice amenities for business travelers visiting Lexington, including the fastest wireless Internet service available in our market. We also offer complimentary WiFi service in our new BlueFire Grill so that our guests on business travel can answer their email while having one of the 8 craft beers we serve and then keep up with the score of the latest ballgame.