“Worst Hotel I've stayed in Yet”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #64 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Virginia
“Worst Hotel I've stayed in Yet”
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Not only is this Hotel next to the "Gentlemen's Club" which really should have been our first clue to run, but the hotel deskclerk didn't know what she was doing. I had reserved a room for 3 nights and after about 15 mins of arguing with the deskclerk that I did reserve 3 nights and not 1 or 2 I went out to my car and brought in my printed reservation receipt. Thank God I printed that out when I made the reservation. This hotel needs major renovations. The door was not sealed at all, could see daylight around the entire door and feel air coming in. The towels were very thin but at least they were changed daily. The so called pool was actually in the hotel down the hill, a sister hotel. The light over the sink was extremely dim, the light switch for the bathroom was around the corner from the bathroom instead of inside or right outside of it. The TV had a cracked lower corner, like it had been dropped. Housekeeping was bad, a dead spider laid on the floor in the bathroom for days. The beds were uncomfortable, and headboards were scratched badly. There are numerous reasons I would not stay here again.

• Liked — The day I left and went to a better Hotel
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank guinea61

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
louisville, ky
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I used a reward night to visit my son at UK and go to Keeneland and didn't expect much. I did not expect to have to hold my breath and wonder if I should sleep on top of the covers. It was basically clean but so dated and worn that if I had had to pay, I would really be upset.

• Liked — Only that it was in the town that I wanted to be in
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank UKmom5
Kentucky
Reviewed October 28, 2006

The check in should have been a big enough clue to look elsewhere. I asked for a specific rate and was told that was my rate. There was no way of knowing if these desk workers were holding the place up or actually working...no identifications at all. I proceed with the room at the rate requested 49.99 (which is the absolute most you should pay here...) When I got my receipt, the price that I asked for and signed for on my credit card was different. I questioned this and was told the rate was what my card was charged????? The next day I ask for a receipt as I am checking out...thank God...and the receipt had a third price on it...??? I ask...and the guy could not tell me why? I have not yet checked my bank card to see how much I paid...but do beware of this at this dumptel. The room was OK...had been renovated...but was still cheap.
The property is close to an interstate exit and a Gentelman's club. Maybe that explains the swankyness of the place.

• Liked — close to interstate
  • Disliked — the front desk experience
  • Tips/Secrets — don't pay too much here...
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank lil2coupe