“Dodge this Econo Lodge”

Ranked #65 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Lansing, Michigan
“Dodge this Econo Lodge”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Staff was friendly. Breakfast was not fit to eat. Door to room looked like it had been beaten in several times. Large window in room was broken. No microwave or refrigerator in the room. Floor near the bathroom had started to bubble up under the carpet. No clock in the room, burn holes in the bed linens. Shows a pool in the hotel listing, but no pool. Cross this one off your list.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mgcdriver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 24, 2013

first off you are looking at an econo lodge. I read the reviews of this place and got scared. really scared! i had to stay in town for 2 weeks and i had enough points to get the room for free for 2 weeks. This property is old. i will give anyone that. All the garbage people put in their reviews are ridiculous. First off, yes there is a strip club across the street, I am not sure if its open or closed, didnt even cross my mind that it was even there. There are 5 other hotels right there that obviously share the same burden of being next to a strip club. gas station is right next door(10 feet away) if you need anything. The hotel is old as I said, Obviously privately owned not having huge corporate budgets remodeling it all the time. But who cares, the most important to me was " IT WAS EXTREMELY CLEAN" cleaned daily and yes i did tricks to verify, very quiet, very friendly staff. Any issue I had they accommodated. Such as I needed an iron, they provided it as needed, those other reviewers probably stole them which is why you have to ask for one. This was very inexpensive, quiet, clean, and local to the highway. All things vitaly important for what I needed for 2 weeks. I would recommend this to anyone and suggest that the other reviews are very bogus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank kevin c
TECUMSEH
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The ceiling was falling down and had been repaired many times and painted over in many areas. The continental breakfast was worst I had ever seen. One ice machine and no vending machines. Carpet was filthy. TV outdated.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the econo lodge due to family issues I really wish I had taken time to read reviews. The price was ok but when I got to the room I settled in and begin looking around within 10 mins my socks were dirty from the carpet and as I turned back the bed covers I was greeted with sheets that had cigarette burns in them and the pillow cases were a weird stain of yellow. I inspected the bathrrom where I found a used condom in the tub and the wrapper in the trash can. I called the front desk to complain but was told by the desk clerk that she was not authorized to refund $$ or switch rooms so I stayed and slept at the computer desk in a chair. The next morning I spoke to the mgr he said he was mgr. He informed me that since I had occupied the room all night no refund was available. So steer clear of this hotel it's dirty, sleazy, ripoff

• Stayed January 2013
Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I decided to stay in Lexington for the night and all we needed was a bed for each of us and a place to sleep. We were able to get this but it was pretty low class - for $40 what can we expect though!

When we arrived the attended asked if we wanted to look at the room before we paid and the first one we looked at was just plain dirty in the bathroom..... Mold in the tub under the liner. The second room we looked at was teremdously cleaner in the bathroom but the wall paper was peeling of the wall.

Like I said for our purposes it got the job done when all we needed were beds and a shower.... But to minimal standards.

On a side note, this hotel is located right next to a gentlemen's club (kinda weird) but still felt safe.

Good Luck!