“Not fit for a $5 hooker” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #65 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Not fit for a $5 hooker”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the econo lodge due to family issues I really wish I had taken time to read reviews. The price was ok but when I got to the room I settled in and begin looking around within 10 mins my socks were dirty from the carpet and as I turned back the bed covers I was greeted with sheets that had cigarette burns in them and the pillow cases were a weird stain of yellow. I inspected the bathrrom where I found a used condom in the tub and the wrapper in the trash can. I called the front desk to complain but was told by the desk clerk that she was not authorized to refund $$ or switch rooms so I stayed and slept at the computer desk in a chair. The next morning I spoke to the mgr he said he was mgr. He informed me that since I had occupied the room all night no refund was available. So steer clear of this hotel it's dirty, sleazy, ripoff

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Eagan, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I decided to stay in Lexington for the night and all we needed was a bed for each of us and a place to sleep. We were able to get this but it was pretty low class - for $40 what can we expect though!

When we arrived the attended asked if we wanted to look at the room before we paid and the first one we looked at was just plain dirty in the bathroom..... Mold in the tub under the liner. The second room we looked at was teremdously cleaner in the bathroom but the wall paper was peeling of the wall.

Like I said for our purposes it got the job done when all we needed were beds and a shower.... But to minimal standards.

On a side note, this hotel is located right next to a gentlemen's club (kinda weird) but still felt safe.

Good Luck!

• Stayed October 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was traveling by car and needed a place to stay for the night. When I have a budget, I don't care if I stay in the best hotel, I just care about safety, clean linens, and no bugs. I chose this hotel because research online told me it was a cheaper hotel located off the Interstate. The location is very close to the Interstate and offers easy on, easy off access. There is a gas station next door for cheaper snacks and sodas than the vending machines on the motel property. I arrived at the hotel just before breakfast and the person working the front desk was willing to give me a room for ten dollars until the check out time. I found that to be very nice. Breakfast was a variety of cold cereals, milk, coffee, and stale donuts and pastries. The person who checked me in broke two rules of hotel safety: my room number was said aloud twice, and get this -- instead of given a folder or paper with a room number on it, the room numbers are taped to the hotel key. What??? Who does that?? I was informed of an outdoor pool but was unable to locate it, and based on the rooms I wouldn't want to use the pool. The rooms were outdated, yellow walls, and dented furniture and thin, fragile linens. The carpet was clean in the sense that there was no dirt, but they were stained badly. Wear socks. The toilet barely stuck to the floor and I was worried it would leak; it was tippy. The light above the sink was burned out. Light entered the room from the door. The ceiling had an old water stain across the length of the room. There was a deadbolt, but even with that locked, housekeeping gave me a rude awakening by walking in on me and they did not knock before entering. There was no secondary latch/lock on the door; it was broken. There was no alarm clock in the room and I would not trust the front desk to get a wake up call on time. Set your cell phone.

TLDR; Good place to stay if all you need is a place to sleep for a few hours.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Shame on me for not doing my homework before booking. I was looking for a convenient stop on my way to a houseboat vacation. We had a group of 8 put into 2 rooms. We researched for a pool area where we could all sit outside and visit. They adverise an indoor pool and outside courtyard. HA! The pool/courtyard is at an adjacent second location which they share. We could work with this inconvenience but everything else was a health hazard at best. The rooms are full of black mold. Holes in the bathroom ceiling, tub disconnected from the wall and leaking all over the floor. Toilet rocking and fithy. Bathroom lights set on a timer that could not be set for more tan 12 minutes (sadly, no light may have been a good thing )Bedding was stained and holey. Mattresses torn, worn, and Awful. The stench was an overpowering scent that i couldnt identify. While in the parking lot we wittnessed a 'sale/deal' of some sort, little doubt it was drugs...perhaps patrons from the strip joint next door. We had booked here thinking, it is just one short night and we will save $20+. BEWARE not taking home bed bugs and/or something worse is well worth a few bucks. Choice privlideges should be ashamed!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank cindystrange
Springfield, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stopped here on our last night of vacation. The ad in the room saver magazine declared a Brand New pool, high speed internet and newly renovated rooms. The only thing accurate about this, was the newly renovated rooms. This was done poorly as there is paint on everything including chairs. Ripped wall paper, etc, all of which I can get over. The "brand new" pool actually belongs to the hotel next door, and you have to walk across the parking lot into a different hotel to go swimming. The high speed internet was ANYTHING BUT high speed. It was super slow. There was some one running back and forth up stairs above us. 1 outlet beside the sink, which I didn't really want to plug my computer into that one. And if it bothers you there is a strip club right next door. It didn't bother us though. That is as long as my car is still intack when I get out there. Oh and the continental breakfast is in the lobby that last night, stuck horribly. Well see here in just a few mins, because it doesnt open up until 830, so my daughter who wakes up at 7 has been begging to go for breakfast. but I'm determined to get my moneys worth. Bathroom is not meant for fat people and doesn't have high pressure.

Room Tip: For sleep alone, chose this motel. Otherwise, go somewhere else.