“CHEAP!!!!! But BEWARE!!!!”

Econo Lodge
Ranked #65 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
“CHEAP!!!!! But BEWARE!!!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We pulled up to this place it looked scary but.... we stayed the room was ok for the money but i would not stay here again ..... location next adult club .... not my style!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bingolady1997

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Baldwin, New York
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Was supposed to stay 4 nights on a business trip here, paid for by Choice Rewards points. Woke up after the first night, and in the middle of the wedding I was shooting noticed I had a number of itchy bites. It took me a few hours of searching after my work was done, but I discovered many bedbugs of many different sizes emerging from the framed picture over the bed. They offered me a different room on another floor, but it was sketchy at best, and I couldn't tell if I'd have a similar problem since it turned out to be directly over the problem room.

Even without the major issue, the room had no outlets near the desk, dim lighting, cracks in the ceiling that looked like they were from previous water damage, and inadequate room locks. Keep in mind that the hotel is also next door to a large strip club. The internet connection was also intermittent at best.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank IanLozada
London, Kentucky
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Horrible, Dirty, horrible place for children!! Nasty people partying...Checked out 30 min after we got there it was so nasty...My whole family was itching all over from bed bugs, so we left and went across the street to best western which was so much cleaner!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank pookieev
Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 22, 2010

From the moment we checked in I was "creeped out"! The accomodations at this hotel were like nothing I've ever seen before. Our room was 137 at the far end of the hotel. Upon entering you could see the paint job. There was paint on drapes, lamp shades counters etc. not to mention this was painted to cover up the mold that was breaking through everywhere. The bathroom was less than desirable with mold in the tub and the towels were stained and very well worn, more like rags. The room was supposed to be non-smoking but you could smell it in the bedding. The smoke alarm had no cover and there were wires hanging out. As you lay in bed with the lights out you could see right under the door.
We booked this room using our Choice points on our way home from our trip out east and wanted a fairly quick stop over. I wanted to leave but my husband insisted that since we "paid" for it we should just stick it out for one night. It was the longest night ever!
Also you should no there is NO pool as advertised, no coffee maker or alarm clock.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LilyinWisconsin
london ky
Reviewed March 14, 2009

stayed in room 115 the toilet and floor were cracked the water ran in the toilet constantly.the box spring was torn and the part that hung down had dust,blood gum rapper in it. the sheets had a hole in it, and were to small for the bed.the towels were like sandpaper. there was no alarm clock. i gave my sister the phone number on the phone it was the wrong number she had to look it up.we were going to fill out the comment card but when the room was cleaned they took it.when i went to the lobby to check in i thought i was in the laundry room, but it was the office. will never stay there again

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank zelda63
Madison
Reviewed December 30, 2008

Where to start? Icy road conditions made us pull off the Interstate at 5PM.

Check-in: clerk asked for no drivers license, just name and zip code. Should have been our first clue. 49.99. Payed cash. Room 108.

Strip Club across the street that reverberated bass into room. Black mold peeking out from under the bathtub mat. Bathroom door would not shut. Brown stains (absolutly disgusting) on bathroom wall across from toilet. Bare drywall where popcorn texture had fallen off ceiling in corner above shower. Dresser drawers coated in dried pepsi looking liquid. A piece of green candy stuck on the floor that the maid's vacuum obviously missed. Carpet had holes. See-thru blankets and yellow pillows.

I am not kidding! .Luckily we had a blanket to lay on top of the bed, and a sleeping bag for a cover. Left room at 10PM with a serious case of the heeby-jeebies.

Absolutely the worst hotel we've ever stayed at. Econo-lodge should be ashamed to put their name on this property.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The overall filth and dirty feeling we left with
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank hardmf
Virginia
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Not only is this Hotel next to the "Gentlemen's Club" which really should have been our first clue to run, but the hotel deskclerk didn't know what she was doing. I had reserved a room for 3 nights and after about 15 mins of arguing with the deskclerk that I did reserve 3 nights and not 1 or 2 I went out to my car and brought in my printed reservation receipt. Thank God I printed that out when I made the reservation. This hotel needs major renovations. The door was not sealed at all, could see daylight around the entire door and feel air coming in. The towels were very thin but at least they were changed daily. The so called pool was actually in the hotel down the hill, a sister hotel. The light over the sink was extremely dim, the light switch for the bathroom was around the corner from the bathroom instead of inside or right outside of it. The TV had a cracked lower corner, like it had been dropped. Housekeeping was bad, a dead spider laid on the floor in the bathroom for days. The beds were uncomfortable, and headboards were scratched badly. There are numerous reasons I would not stay here again.

• Liked — The day I left and went to a better Hotel
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family