“Dirty and grimy hotel that reeks of cigarettes, even in non-smoking areas.”

Days Inn & Suites Lexington
Ranked #55 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
“Dirty and grimy hotel that reeks of cigarettes, even in non-smoking areas.”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

You get what you for! The hallway and stairwells reeked of cigarettes and cat urine. The carpet in our room was old and dirty. The bathroom was grimy.

• Stayed June 2011
DaysInn04266, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
We apologize your stay with us was not as pleasant as you would have liked. Unfortunately, a non-smoking room could have been smoked in by a previous guest. We do try our best to eliminate that smoke odor. We are a large property here in Lexington and have many upgraded room types. I wish our staff had been notified of your displeasure and we would have been happy to correct the problem by moving or upgrading your room. Please give us a call @ 8592991202 so we may talk about this matter.

Nathan Dodge-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2011

The Days Inn and suite in lexington, ky is a great place to stay. We checked in late. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The room was large and very clean. my family loved the outdoor swimming pool. They offered 10% off @ the restuarant!!. Our rate was very reasonable for the amenities. We will visit again.!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Malibu, CA
Reviewed May 25, 2011

My elderly dad and I are still talking about how truly lame that room was. I was afraid to wear even my socks on the carpet, which was moist at best. Joint smelled like hindquarters and cheap makeup. No one could possibly benefit from a stay in this heinous den of unpleasantry. And we got hosed $80 for the privilege.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank erictransforma
Allentown
Reviewed May 24, 2011

To be honest I was under the impression that Days Inn weren't that great but this hotel changed my impression of Days Inn! We were traveling with a group of 5 and the 2 Kings and a sofabed was perfect!! I can't even begin to describe the awesomeness of this hotel!! Let me start with the size of the room. It is 2 full rooms that has 2 full bed rooms for a completely reasonable price. It was a win for everyone in our group. Alright back to the track. The rooms amenities are like any other normal hotel. It docent have too much on the decor end of a room but this is a 2-star hotel that I would personally give it a 2-1/2 star rating! The room is nicely sized and is not really a cramped space in sight. The bathrooms are nice and clean as well as the bedroom with 2 kings. I have actually never heard of a hotel that has 2 kings in it. The beds are more comfortable than I expected! Nice job Days Inn. The kitchen is amazing because it actually has a full size refrigerator. It also comes with a microwave and a nice table space with 2 chairs; It was perfect. I love this hotel. We stayed 2 nights at the hotel and all of the people in our party enjoyed it very. The pool wasn't open but that was ok. I didn't expect it to be open before Memorial Day. It was advertised as a seasonable pool. Breakfast was cool but not too much to rave about. A normal continental breakfast. That is all. The staff seemed really friendly and helpful. I want to give credit to the guy who checked us in. He was really friendly and was very attentive and looked liked he causally enjoyed his job! He also made us feel like we were welcome to the hotel. This is what I like to see when I go to hotels!! Thanks Days Inn and Suites, you guys changed my expectations of your establishment! I would definitely recommend a 2 King Suite to any one!! I don't know why every one complained. I really enjoyed my stay. If I am in the area again. I would definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2011
Hudson, Michigan
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Stopped in on our way home, found a coupon in one of those "hotel coupon books" , the price was good but the room could stand some updating.

Room Tip: Just ask for your preference in rooms
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Mt. Sterling, KY
Reviewed March 6, 2011

This hotel is definitely old. You can tell by the dated hallways, carpet, and musty smell. However, my room was very clean. I did not see any roaches or bed bugs and the sheets were all clean. The bathroom was spotless. I was disappointed in the price that I paid because it seems that for the age of the room (although it had been newly remodeled) and the cost of finer, big name hotels that were very similar in price, I would have much rather paid a little more for a bigger name and new hotel. I think of Days Inns as a lower model for hotels and this one was no different, but with that idea comes the idea that the price should be more affordable. As I mentioned, I could've stayed at Double Tree for about $30 more per night. There's a big difference in Double Tree and Days Inn. Another disappointment was that the room was not what I had reserved and the pricing was a little different. We were supposed to have a king bed jacuzzi suite with a couch that made into a bed. We had the king jacuzzi suite, but no couch. That causes a problem when there are 4 people in the room and only 1 king bed. Secondly, I was told over the phone that the pet fee was only $5 for the entire stay. The lady said that it was total cost (I asked if it was per pet, per day and she stated it was not). However, when I received my itemized bill at check out, I had been charged $10 per day for my two dogs. I was aggravated with that as well as being charged over $20 per night in taxes and $2 per night for a safe I didn't request or use. Like I said, the hotel is decent and not disgusting, but I do think the price and extra fees and charges are a tad bit over rated for what you get.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
evansville, indiana
Reviewed February 15, 2011

the room was out dated. the decription on the website I rented from was a lie. said had a heated pool this was incorrect. i had traveled from 4 hours away on my daughters birthday due to a my husband was having surgery the next day. she was broken hearted due to there was no pool as indicated on site the room was ok the satff was very incosiderate to the situation when we ask about the pool was not anything he could so must have been a old description. i will never stay in this hotel again. very unsatisfied customer

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business