“nice quiet stay”

Courtyard Lexington North
Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I stayed here while attending events at the Kentucky Horse Park. I was very pleased. The room was clean and nice. Good pillows!! The setting is nice - lots of trees and quiet. Good access to the Horse Park and horse farms. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful.
Not very many restaurants close by - and you do need a car.

Stayed: April 2008

Reviewed February 12, 2008

I stayed here 4 nights while visiting family. It is a nice quiet location and feels safe. There is not a lot right around here; you need a car, but it is near the airport (7 miles), Kenneland Racetrack (7 miles), the Kentucky Horse Park (5 miles) and not far from a lot of the self drive horse farm tour. The room is normal, though the bathroom on the small side. The staff was neither particularly friendly or unfriendly; they could not honor my request for an early (1pm) arrival; I had to wait until 3. The breakfast staff was nice and the food good, but you will pay $10. The pool is small but airy, the exercise room has 3 types of machines and there is a computer for use for guests without laptops. Not a bad place.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2008

Stayed at this hotel over Thanksgiving. It was not our 1st choice but it was the closest one to relatives we were visiting. Check in was fast and easy, no problems or delays. The first room we were assigned smelled terribly of smoke (it's a non smoking hotel) AND the pillows and bedspread looked like someone had laid down to nap! A phone call to the front desk got us a new room pronto. I started to feel a bit under the weather and had to use the bathroom quite frequently...it had the roughest T.P. ever ever!!! It was 1 ply sandpaper. The mattress (Temperpedic) is okay if you don't sleep on your stomach (which I do). My husband sleeps on his back and loves the mattress. The little 'store' inside the hotel has a nice varitey of drinks/candy/food. Easy freeway access....would stay here again but would bring my own TP.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed December 31, 2007

We stayed at this hotel only one night. The front desk staff was friendly, the woman who helped at check in was new, so check in was a little slow, but okay. Check out was easy and the woman working in the morning was very nice. We requested extra pillows and blankets and got them with in a few minutes. We had a king suite with a fold out sofa. The bed was amazing, I have never slept on a memory foam matress, now we are considering owning one. The pool area is pretty large and clean. There were plenty of pool towels, which is always a plus. The bathroom was big and the sink is in a outside of the bathroom. The business area had a computer and printer.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2007

My husband and I just finished a stay here for a wedding and we were very impressed with this hotel. We've been staying at many hotels this summer for weddings, and this was our favorite by far. First, we had a great rate using the wedding block. Then, after driving many hours to get there, we were able to check in 3 hours early without difficulty. The room was clean, put together had very modern decor. When we plopped on the tempurpedic (sp?) mattress, we were in heaven...molds right to your body and they gave us a ton of pillows. There was a great balconyoverlooking the courtyard off our room as well. We were in town for a friend's wedding with a bunch of rowdy men (and women) and the hotel staff graciously allowed us to use their lobby lounge with plasma tv to watch the first UW game of the year with about 20 people. I didn't use the pool or have breakfast, so I can't comment on that. Overall, great stay, friendly staff, very clean. Convenienty located off the freeway. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2007

First of all, after reading what others paid Priceline, I feel like an absolute fool for paying what I did.

The hotel itself is fine, if a bit out of the way. We felt completely safe.

The deal breaker for us were the beds. Perhaps it takes a special person to love the memory-foam mattresses, and, if so, my wife and I were not that kind. We hated them--they were unyielding, allowing no comfortable positions, and in fact made the aches of traveling several hours seem even worse.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed April 7, 2007

Oh, those wonderful Tempurpedic mattresses! I travel a lot for business, and the beds here were wonderful (the pillows too). Had a 2nd floor room with a balcony overlooking the courtyard ... nice grounds. The room itself was very comfortable and clean. There was internet hook-up available at the computer desk in my room. The bathroom had the vanity and sink area outside the bathroom area (tub and toilet was in a separate room), which makes it convenient when 2 people are trying to get ready. The room had a hair dryer and the only toiletries were shampoo and bar soap. The only thing missing was free breakfast. It looked like the typical serve-yourself-free-hotel breakfast, only it wasn't free. So, rather than be disappointed, we ate off-property. I would definitely stay here again because the rate we got (AAA rate of $80 per night plus tax) was totally worth it, even without breakfast!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business