“Great stay”

Ranked #34 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Groton, Connecticut, United States
“Great stay”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I traveled to KY on family business. After a 14 hour drive and 4 hours dedicated to the purpose of being there, getting to our room to rest was the primary order of business. The check in was seamless, the room was very clean and the property was well manicured, much more than I expected because of the location. I would stay here again if we travel back to KY and would highly recommend this location to my friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
London, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We have been travelling back and forth to our place in Florida over the last ten years and have stayed at lots of hotels/motels in that time. Unfortunately I have not had to much luck finding a chain that suits us perfectly until now. We travelled this year and tried the new Marriott Courtyards, we were blown away with the cleanliness, the new design of the rooms and the hotel overall, very chic, had a courtyard view which was a bonus. Choose the Marriott in Georgia also and it was identical. No surprises wherever you choose, if you stay at the remodelled ones. Overall it was good value and peace of mind for future travel.

Room Tip: Starbucks coffee was available 24 hours in the WiFi lounge in Lexington but not Georgia. Coffee make...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, Ohio
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed here most recently on December 15. I have stayed here twice before. Each time I have been treated very well, special room request and rates were honored. Very clean (you can get a whiff occasionally of bleach in the sheets), comfortable room, each of the rooms have a balcony, very quiet. Pool area is clean, didn't get to try the bistro. I don't understand the negative reviews, I would recommend this place to anybody.

Room Tip: Have been here three times and haven't gotten a bad room yet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was extremely disappointed in the quality of the rooms, the mattresses, the pool, and most importantly the hotel staff. When my young son and I arrived at check in, we waited almost 20 minutes to check in as one harried clerk tried to accomodate another guest looking for a pool hall. When we finally got to our room, I noticed the temperature was a little cool, so I turned up the heat and my son and I went to swim. At the pool there were no towels, poor lighting, and there was no safety tile. The tile was so slick that it was dangerous to walk across. While there for about an hour, my son and at least 3 other children fell (while walking, not running). Upon returning to the room, we noticed it was very cold. I adjusted the heat additionally and got my son settled into bed. The room got colder and colder, so I finally phoned the front desk. A very rude attendant told me to adjust the thermostat on the wall. When I explained that my room did not have a thermostat, he continued to explain to me what a thermostat was and where it was located. Finally the attendant blew out a disgusted sigh and said I'll be up to help you find it, " sweetheart." I asked him to please bring blankets as there was no thermostat to adjust. Ten minutes later the man I had noticed working behind the grill stormed into the room without blankets. He smelled like hamburger grease and suprisingly, was unable to locate a thermostat on the walls in my room (WHY didn't my room have a thermostat?) He then walked over to the noisy heating/air unit and began turning the knobs. Finally he said, there it's on, indicating the unit was blowing hot air. When I looked at the heating/air unit I noticed that the knob was set to full cool in order to make the heat work. It was after midnight before I was able to get into bed and almost 2 am before my room was comfortably warm. At no time did the hotel apologize.

Room Tip: For the best rooms, choose a different hotel
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I came to Lexington for a couple of nights. From the time we checked in until we left the staff was more than willing to meet any needs we had. The guy that checked us in looked to maybe be the General Manager. He was soo nice! Tony in the Bistro was exceptional. Made us feel very welcome. Our housekeeper was great also. I would highly recommend staying here if you are ever in Lexington!!

Room Tip: I would recommend a room that overlooks the Courtyard..BEAUTIFUL!!
1 Thank Tammy1968
Columbus
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Do not stay at this hotel. The staff are rude and unhelpful. Most places have a coffee station where you can select coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc. This place has a bistro and you have to pay for everything - even a tea bag. The beds are very uncomfortable. If you have a concern, it falls on deaf ears. The parking lot was full of wet leaves and I fell. When the manager found out he asked me to walk down to the lobby to fill out a report. When I told him I had my leg up because it was bleeding and I also had ice on it to prevent swelling, instead of offering to come to the room, he asked me when I could come down to the lobby. I told him never. He did not call or leave a message as to how I was. We asked for more kleenex and toilet paper since what was in the room was almost out and we never got any. They do not care and they are rude.

Room Tip: The rooms are all old and need to be updated. There are many other hotels in the area and for a bet...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Allen, Texas
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I enjoyed my two day stay at this location. Despite having a room on the first floor near a loud meeting room, I would stay here again for the convenience and friendly staff. My room was clean. I had one or two request, like an empty facial tissue box. All request were taken care of immediately. I was able to print my airline boarding passes in their lounge. I did not try any food from the bistro, as I had a rental car. Alternate food choices are only a mile a way. The location is excellent if you need quick access to I-75 and I 64.

Room Tip: Select a room away from the first floor meeting rooms.