“Horrible horrible”

Ranked #56 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Nolensville, TN
“Horrible horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have stayed in this motel 20-25 times a year for the past 5-6 years. We have watched it gradually fall into disrepair and will not stay there again. This last visit we were put into a room that there was a good chance had not even been cleaned. It was in a state of disrepair. There was something brown on the shower chair. The mattress was the wrong size and the supports for the bed frame dangerously stuck out 8 inches or so. We called to speak to the manager and was told they were not available. We insisted and a desk clerk and member of housekeeping came. We showed them all our concerns. They seemed genuinely sorry and took 50% off of our bill. Again, we will not stay there again. It was never fancy but it used to be clean and consistent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DaveSlaughter, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
I would like to persoanally apologize for the problems you encountered here during your stay. My name is Dave Slaughter and I just took over this hotel. I would appriciate it if you would contact me at gm@comfortinnlexington.com or call me at (859) 299-0302. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you about not only your stay but also what we are doing to improve the hotel.

Dave Slaughter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kitchener, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Horrible experience! We were on the road and decided Lexington would be a good place to stop for the evening, we were 3 hours away when I called to make a reservation. The reso was confirmed with a credit and confirmation number, only to have the hotel call us an hour later to tell us they no longer have the rooms, they were given to someone else. The person was rude and offered no alternative other then to say everything in Lexington is booked up for the night. Very disappointed in how the situation was handled.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I would like to personnaly apologize for this occurance. You are absolutely correct, this situation was handeled improperly. I would appriciate it if you would contact me directly at gm@comfortinnlexington.com or call me at (859) 299 0302 to discuss, not only your situation but also what we are doing to improve the hotel as a whole.

Dave Slaughter
Wurtland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as our grandson was having surgery very early the next morning. Had checked 3 other hotels, and rates for what they offered were highway robbery! Although this hotel is undergoing renovation, it was very clean. Night desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Gave us some tips about up coming stays. Got a reduced rate due to renovation, as well as additional percent off because it was a hospital visit. Neat. Room was spacious, newly renovated, and clean. Breakfast was adequate for our needs. No, it isnt a 5 star hotel, but it was nice and served our purpose. Will I stay again? Most definetly yes! Have stayed at the Marriot here before and not received the same friendly service, or room that was a nice and clean.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Travis A, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this great response. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and be sure to know that I will let both the night desk clerk and the breakfast hostess know of your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Lexington area.
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

For some reason, I booked this place thinking the reviewer ratings were too low. I was wrong. I just wanted a nice place for one night with a pool and breakfast to start our long vacation down south and to rest during our driving. Right when I walked in, a lady said, "You can't walk through there," meaning I couldn't walk through a place with just a wet floor sign. Ooooookay. Then I found out the pool was closed which they said is on their website. Looking later it is there, but not clearly noticeable. We get to the room and it was smelled like smoke, was tiny, and reminded me of a Motel 6 room. Since we had planned to swim all night, we left to get away from the bad room. I checked rates at nicer hotels and was furious when I saw a Marriott cheaper than this one that night and it took me all night to cool off from all of this. The breakfast was actually decent. The lobby was not as nice as a pictured showed, but well decorated for Christmas. The hotel was under construction, which I knew, but that was clearly their excuse for everything. The luggage carts were broken and very dirty. The elevator was the dirtiest I've ever seen anywhere. Employees were just sitting around doing nothing. Can't they do some cleaning? This hotel does not care to impress. I always thought this chain was middle tier, but no, it is not. There are tons of hotels in this city. This hotel isn't worth 90 total dollars/night. Do more research and there are better hotels for the same price or lower. This hotel has been renovating forever and don't care about cleanliness while doing it. How can you not do basic cleaning a few days before Christmas to impress your holiday guests? I'm so sick of these types of hotels. Stayed at a Hilton on the way home and it's amazing what a few more dollars will do for a very nice stay. Never again at a Comfort Inn or its equivalent. To be fair, they met all my accommodations for a room, so there is some value at this hotel. Gym is closed too.

Room Tip: Don't stay here while under construction. Tons of other hotels nearby.
1 Thank Raysters
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Hotel is adequate for a one night stay. Location is good for my purposes. This is an older property which could use a bit of restoration. Did not use the pool or the breakfast service. Check-in and check-out are typically fast.

Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were given a room with a very old T.V., remote didn't work totally, had to get up and turn it off and on. Drapes wouldn't close totally, so we tried our best to have them close. No bedspreads on bed. However, the room was pretty quiet, had comfortable bed, new carpet and clean bedding, towels. It is an older motel really showing it's age, and is under renovation. However, it needs a lot of help in many ways. Convenient location to I75. Lobby is very run down looking. Front desk is pleasant but could do nothing for our TV troubles.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travellingfriendl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was undergoing improvements while we were there. Great location. Improvements so far were great. Nice colors. Bed very comfortable. Lots of restaurants around. Next to a 'couples' establishment. That business looks out of place with everything else around it.

• Stayed December 2013