“Great place. Clean and easy on and off for highway”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #54 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Checking in was easy and fast. The female clerk at the front desk was quick and got the room key for me and asked if there was anything else I needed. The pool was a little cool but the hot tub was clean and perfect. The exercise room was a little small but all the equipment worked. This was our first time here and we would come back. Lots of local fast food and restaurants. Good service and clean hotel. Would be nice if they changed out the old tube TV. Good breakfast with waffles.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I always like to review the website in depth before booking. In this case the images were a somewhat misleading depiction of the 2 rooms we entered. We first got a room on the 1st floor where there was no shower curtain and the bathroom has some construction going on in it. We received the room as an oversight. We moved and stayed in room 226 on the second floor.
The staff was excellent, friendly and helpful. They get a 5 star rating!
The location is great as well, just off I-75 with restaurants and gas bars at your immediate disposal as well as a Starbucks right there too. 5 star again.
This hotel, in its defense, is doing, what looks to be, a gradual, room to room renovation.
Having said this, this property has not put much back into itself over the years with respect to the rooms.
The carpets in the room were definitely tired, as was the bathroom. There were many stains on the carpets and in the bathroom. The beds (2 queen bed room) were actually quite comfortable but were sagging in the middle. The comforters on the beds both were older and had burn marks on them, although the pillows and linens were good.
The room was a non-smoking room but I am guessing it was a smoking room in the past. The scent in the room and my sinuses stated so although I could be wrong.
The A/C heating unit was a little loud but that is ok for drowning out and hotel noise that can happen from time to time. We do prefer this to a degree.
At about 10:30pm a family arrived at a room close to ours, maybe even next door. From 11 pm to 12 am these guests were very loud, with an unruly child screaming and running around the 2nd floor. Doors were slamming inside the room and in the hallways. The door slamming was very loud and carried throughout the area we were staying. I waited until midnight to give them a chance to quiet down but it never happened. I called the front desk and the girl said she would react immediately which she did. This was at about 12:05 and by 12:15 am all was quiet. I thanked her in the morning as she was still there.
Breakfast offered an excellent variety of items and was top notch for a complimentary continental breakfast.
In the end, the property we would not have chosen for our stay due to the property condition. The foyer and check-in area are updated nice and modern but the rooms we experienced were not. I would say give it a year or so for them to complete some renovations and try them again.

Room Tip: If you are considering this hotel, ask them for a renovated room or ask if their renovations are com...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Reservation & check-in were fine. Front desk was helpful and efficient. Room was slightly below standards I expected. Bed was clean and comfortable, but carpet needed cleaning. Breakfast was a disappointment. Eggs were "rubbery" and sausage was tasteless. There are lots of other hotels in Lexington!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jkw99
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Reservation & ck in went off w/o a hitch. Room was comfortable although carpeting was in desperate need of scrubbing (a large black, oily stain in front of the sink & felt we had to keep our socks while walking around the room). Continental bkft was good & hot. Pool/hot tub was clean although there were no towels available. Requested a late check out in the morning so we could return to the room to chg clothes after church. To our surprise at 11:05 am, housekeeping is trying to enter our room UNANNOUNCED (even though the chain was in place). Called the front desk & spoke w/ Angel, who I requested the late ck out from earlier that morning & she stated she never had any record of my call??? And then when I approached the front desk for ck out, Angel changes her story twice while I was talking w/ her. Hmm! Another concern is the back & side doors are not locked during the night although the doors are equipped w/ keyless entries!!. Very unsecure! It's a shame that this hotel's security has deteriorated so significantly in the past year. I have stayed for my last time at this Comfort Inn. The Ramada Lmt'd has my business for future visits to the Lexington, KY area

Room Tip: If your guest room is located on the first floor, request one on another floor for security reasons...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank marty067
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I left my number for the GM, Tasha Ecklar, to contact me and that has never happened. I also emailed and no reply to that either. Could not check-in before 4pm, but then we had to wait behind 15 other people to check-in after 4pm. Toilet didn't flush properly and no one fixed it while we were out of our room. Remote control would only power on and off the tv, couldn't change the channels. Also, couldn't change the channels on the tv itself.
Since no one cares to contact me about the issues I feel it is necessary to let others know about this hotel as I will not stay at it again. Plus I will have to think long and hard before staying at another Comfort Inn, if this is the way they treat their guests.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ruck00
Tasha E, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

I would like to apologize for your experience with our hotel. I have been working with my staff to insure that issues like this do not occur in the future. They are completing extensive training in regards to customer service, 100% satisfaction, and I have now stressed the importance of message taking and sending customers to voicemail versus personal messages. I am always available to speak with all guest regardless of the nature of the call, as I am completely focused on the hotels guest and their return to our hotel. So once again I would like to apologize for your experience and I would love the opportunity to make it right for you. Tasha Ecklar

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stopped at this hotel on our way home from a cruise. We were looking for the Best Western which apparently had now become a Howard Johnson. We saw this hotel and went in having no reservations. The hotel was very clean and the lobby so inviting. The rate was very reasonable. The bed was very comfortable. Would definitely stop her again.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and the elevator was very close. The breakfast was a full hot breakfast wh...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Canadians2155021
Keith P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

As the General Manager of this hotel I would like to thank you for your warm and gracious comments about your stay. We strive on a daily basis to make our guests stay a great and comforting one. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and we will see you on your way through Lexington again. Have a great day!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times throughout the last few years. I have had both good and bad experiences. I must say my recent stay was a cut above the rest. There have been some major improvements in the cleanliness and overall feel of the hotel. The front desk staff has always been pleasant and were exceptionally so this time. I forgot my carry on bag and they were able to provide many of the items I was missing, toothpaste, toothbrush and mouthwash were especially appreciated. The breakfast has never been terrible, but it was another area that had improved. There is a breakfast attendant who keeps the area clean and the food fresh. In the past the front desk person seemed to be covering both areas. I will continue to stay at this hotel and am pleased to see things have gotten better.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tammy F
Keith P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

We thank you Tammy F for your kind responses. We are continually making improvements so we can offer our guests a wonderful stay when traveling and are away from home. Please stop by and see us the next time you are in the area. We look forward to seeing you!