“Not Friendly”

Caramanda's Bake Shoppe
Ranked #8 of 11 Bakeries in Lexington
Description: Caramanda's Bake Shoppe is a fun-loving bakery where we take great pride in creating specialty cakes, cupcakes and other sweets! You won't be disappointed with the taste and quality of cakes, cookies and other sweets that we bake fresh daily at Caramanda's Bake Shoppe. We are locally owned and operated and have two Bake Shoppe locations in the Lexington area: 332 Southland Drive & 3805 Dylan Place (off Boston Road).Southland Drive Hours are Monday-Friday from 10am to 6pm, Saturday 10am-4pm and closed on Sunday 3805 Dylan Place (off Boston Road) hours are Monday - Saturday 10am-7pm and OPEN SUNDAY 11am - 4pm. Come see us in Fayette Mall at Caramanda's Cupcakes just outside of Sears. We offer free wedding consultations where we feed you cupcakes and work with you to create a custom cake for your special day!
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have ordered and enjoyed cakes from Caramanda's in years past. This week I decided to stop in to buy cupcakes for my birthday. The cupcakes were tasty as ever but, the look of the shop and customer service left me disappointed. The inside of the shop is outdated, looks dirty and it's ugly as well as the outside. When I walked in, the girl at the front desk didn't say hello or even ask what I needed. She never smiled or said thank you. What used to be my favorite place has now lost its charm. I won't be back and will try somewhere else next time.

1  Thank ktlmknight

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Being a Kentuckian through and through I feel that the Derby cupcake at Caramanda's is about as KY as you can get! I love the bourbon and chocolate mixing together in the fluffy icing. The nut on top just makes the cupcake about as decadent as you can get. I've had them on multiple occasions and can honestly say that I will go there solely for this cupcake. It has never let me down, and I'm not even a fan of sweets. 1 cupcake will do the trick. Try the Derby. It's great.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Caramandas has lots of options, but nothing blows me away, especially not for the price. Desserts need to be delicious, and not just pretty.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

we had Caramanda's do the wedding cake for our daughter's wedding, and it was beautiful and tasty.