“Very Lovely restaurant serving great food”
Review of Thai Orchid Cafe - CLOSED

Thai Orchid Cafe
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stop in to the restaurant for dinner tonight. The Thai food was wonderful. We tried the egg rolls. They were very hot temperature and full of flavor. The other dishes we had were the Thai Fried rice which is a house favorite and shrimp Pad Thai. They were both delicious and we left hardly anything left on our plates. They also had home made peach and honey ice cream but we were too full to try it. They use food from the local farmers market also. The servers were very friendly and gave good service. Other wait staff even stopped by the table to chat and be sure we had everything we needed. We will definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for Thai Orchid Cafe

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Visited this weekend for the first time with my parents visiting from out of town who were new to eating thai. It was a great experience, and I will definitely go back. Without having the experience to confirm its Thai authenticity, I still felt that it was was excellent food. It was fresh, without being overwhelmed by oil and grease. We shared lettuce wraps, chicken pad thai, chicken pad see ew, and the special which was roast port bao sliders. The service was superb. All items came quickly, and the waiter was excellent and anticipating our needs without being smothering. I will say that the spice levels are pretty mild, I chose "hot" which is in the middle of the scale and I could have gone higher without compromising flavor.

I've driven past the place a million times without thinking twice, and finally went per a glowing recommendation from friends. I will return, and I will spread the word.

1  Thank katherinec823
Reviewed July 12, 2012

A nice little restaurant. The food is excellent and service is good.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Visited Thai Orchid Cafe twice this past weekend (for dinner both times). First time through the menu included the crispy chicken with sweet chili sauce (perfectly moist on the inside and crunchy on the outside); coconut curry shrimp (a great balance of sweet and spicy) and pad kee mow (my favorite thai comfort food and thai restaurant barometer) that was the best I've had outside Thailand) Took a recommendation fron Chef Toa on our second visit and got both our fried rice and basil & chili chicken topped with a fried egg.....amazing. The creaminess of the egg matched really well with the spice and savory of both dishes.

They also make their own small-batch ice cream in house from things like local Elmwood Farms sweet potatoes or coconut...do yourself a favor and have a scoop alongside one of the roti (like a fried crepe drizzled with your choice of toppings).

Service (Jake one night and Josh the second night) was knowledgable, fast and friendly and since this is a family-owned restaurant, you can taste the pride they take in their food. This is not a stuffy, linen table cloth place that compensates for its average food with "cool factor". The food is front and center and the atmosphere is like the owners have invited you to their house for dinner. Overall, a great experience and reason #2,456 that I prefer family places to chain restaurants and EAT LOCAL. I'll be back any time i'm in Lexington and recommend it to others as well.

2  Thank pjballey
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I love thai food so we decided to check this place out. The resaurant it small and cozy. The food was good, not the best thai food, but good. There was 3 of us and 2 ordered pad thai and one ordered green curry. The portion size was enough for me, my husband thought it could have been larger. We ordered the combo appatizer that our server fogot to tell the kitchen about. We asked about it after about 30 minutes. It came out after we all got our main meal. I probably wouldn't come back to this thai restaurant when in Lexington.