“Amazing Food! Best in Town...”
Review of Thai Orchid Cafe - CLOSED

Thai Orchid Cafe
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2012

My husband and I went there for Valentine's day. The food was exceptionally delicious and the service was great.
The ambiance was also very nice..
Will make a second trip soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Very good thai food coupled with a relaxed and classy environment made this place a special memory for me and my wife. We will be returning for Valentine's Day.

1  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is a solid Thai restaurant. The menu is not extensive but what you get is pretty good. The owner/manager is extremely friendly. If you go more than a few times, he'll probably remember your name. Definitely worth a visit.

2  Thank techleadprof
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We were warmly greeted by Mr. V upon walking into the restaurant for lunch. We both chose an egg roll in addition to our lunches and were surprised to also receive a small cup of their egg drop soup. The soup was a wonderful, perfect surprise on an otherwise dreary, rainy, chilly fall day. The eggroll was fresh and crisp. I ordered red curry with chicken and my dining companion ordered the green curry with chicken. Both were served with a huge plate of steamed rice. The curries were a perfect heat, not too spicy at all. It was filled with tender chicken, corn niblets, peas and bamboo shoots. Our server was attentive and polite. The portions were a great value for the price. I'll definitely return!

1  Thank kychilehead
Reviewed May 20, 2011

On our most recent visit we started with breaded chicken bits served with a sweet/spicy tangerine sauce and a savory peanut sauce. The chicken was miraculously crisp without a trace of grease, and the sauces were flavorful and intense.

I had the sweet chili shrimp -- lots of decent-size completely peeled shrimp in a red chili sauce that, though sweet, wasn't gooey or syrupy at all. Like the sauce of my partner's sesame beef, the texture was admirably light, contributing a delicate balance of many flavors without engulfing the food. The fresh cilantro was a perfect accent for the shrimp. We had a Thai iced coffee and a Thai iced tea; both were the expected creamy, very sweet concoctions, but they packed concentrated coffee/tea flavor that more than stood up to the sweetness and didn't get diluted by the ice. Much more successful than similar drinks I've had at any other Thai restaurant.

This restaurant, from the outside, doesn't lead one to expect much, and the decor inside is pleasant but not overly elegant. The lilac walls are a refreshing change, as I don't think of purple, even pale purple, as a color that usually complements dining, but it in this instance it works, as does the orchid-themed artwork. The oilcloth/plastic tablecloths, I suppose, are what lead me to perceive the decor as being just a few steps up from "diner." The service was perfect; attentive and friendly without being intrusive. If I had to name a drawback, I'd say that the shrimp, though great to eat, was not bargain priced. But it was at the high end of the menu, and if you want to go cheaper, the pad Thai is amazing, economical and quite filling.

2  Thank BeeLex