“Great wine selection!”

middle fork kitchen bar
Ranked #112 of 981 Restaurants in Lexington
Description: Chef Mark Jensen's new restaurant, middle fork kitchen bar (mfkb), offers a comfortably bold take on the traditional dining experience. Inspired by the dynamics of the season, the context of the district, and the enthusiasm of his team, Jensen combines ingredients, cuisines, and a appreciation for the craft for a fun and delicious result.
Reviewed May 7, 2017

Great food! and an outstanding wine list. The wine is typical prices, but I think the food is under priced. I had the fish, which was ok, but came with some great pesto ravioli, the charcuterie board app is highly recommended. The highlight of the evening was the grilled pork special - truly outstanding. Davin our waiter was a little odd - he was very persistent that should we come back that we specifically ask for him. His service was average at best, he had to come back a couple times to double check what our orders were. He had a heavy cigarette smell and seemed.. spaced out. We will be back but we'll probably ask to have another server.

Reviewed April 24, 2017

Is that even a thing? I still can't wrap my head around it. 2 of us had to wait 10 minutes before we were "allowed" to go to the bar and get a drink. They seriously made us wait for 2 people to leave their seats before we could get a drink and go outside. Once outside I was chased down for "cross contaminating drinks" by the extremely rude hostess, because I was sitting at a picnic table on the wrong side of the concrete planters. I am giving a poor review because the hostess was totally unacceptable. Bar staff was great and the menu looked delicious.

1  Thank Meredith S
Reviewed April 17, 2017

Farm to table and very nice menu. The cocktails are really good. I would suggest the PB&J. Nice area.

Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

I travel over 200 days a year stateside and abroad but what a secret hideaway i ran into while in Lexington
. Unbelievable liquor selection and when i drilled down to the wine I was blown away.
Appetizers were amazing,wine paring with a great staff and the specials of the night were to die for.
Back here when I am in Lexington without a doubt.
Gorgeous bar and great selection.

Reviewed April 2, 2017

Our daughter had given us a gift certificate to Middle Fork and we had wanted to go for several months. After looking at the menu we were not quite sure what to expect but our older daughter had been and enjoyed it. It is in the warehouse district. The space is a little funky. The seating is not really comfortable with benches and tables. but the food makes up for everything. We had the PB and J for an appetizer . It is grilled slices of baguette with a ginger peanut butter sauce and condiments. It was wonderful. My husband and I had the braised pork belly. It was one of the best dishes I have ever had. Our companions had the duck breast and the hog n' oats and were very satisfied. The menu is very creative and delish! Reservations are a must. We were there on a Thursday evening and it was very crowded. Be aware parking can be an issue. We had a great experience and are looking forward to returning.