“Not Authentic But Still Great Mexican Food”
Review of Taco Tico

Taco Tico
Ranked #314 of 910 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Mexican
Lexington
“Not Authentic But Still Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

If you are looking for true authentic Mexican food then keep going. However if you want a great meal for a good price give Taco Tico a try. The food is always hot, fresh and the service is friendly. Though perhaps best of all unlike a certain other fast food Mexican chain the restaurant is clean and they get your order right!!

• Visited July 2014

Portales, New Mexico
“Beyond Amazing”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Do not go expecting authentic Mexican food, but the food is delicious after I moved I drove an hour and half to eat their bean burritos smothered in cheese.... The staff is friendly and treats the customers like friends..

After I told them about my commute they sold their hot sauce to me in bulk, and prepared burritos to be frozen...

The price is crazy cheap and they have daily specials that you can find on their fb page.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Daniel B
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

After picking up food for work and liking the food and service my wife recommended we go there. We had supper there recently. We had a cheerful greeting from the staff and they took our orders and filled them promptly. My wife had a chicken taco and I had the meat lovers quesadilla. Both were seasoned well and tasty. We had two staff members come by at different times to make sure everything was good. When we left they thanked us for stopping by. The tables were cleaned regularly and the restaurant was clean and pleasant. They also gave us senior discounts. We will be back.

Visited April 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“Food OK, service is awful”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have eaten at Taco Tico restaurants for years and this is a poor example of what used to be a worthwhile meal. The food tastes fine - nothing great and no signature offering I have to eat. Good portions, but slapped on a plate without much appeal. The order staff is incapable of taking a correct order and blames the boss for not being around to make things better. If you want a great taco, go elsewhere.

• Visited May 2013
“Great find!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I haven't had Taco Tico since I was a kid. All of our local restaurants closed up. Finding this gem on vacation was fun! One member of our group is/was a huge fan. For others it was a 1st time experience. Service and food were both outstanding. We even bought extras to take home. Order the Sancho smothered. And don't forget dessert!

• Visited July 2013