“Simple place, good taste”

Mai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #565 of 903 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Thai
Chicago, Illinois
“Simple place, good taste”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have eaten lunch there several times. The decor is very plain and nothing special at all. The food is wonderful and the service is quick and efficient. My husband and I have tried several different dishes and all were fresh and flavorful. A great place to get a thai fix!

• Visited June 2012

“Tasty Thai”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Simple place. Great Starters. Great Mains. All five of us had a great meal 10/10 for taste. (ornamental fish tank needs a clean)

1 Thank Bobtdiver
ky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food. The Best Thai restaurant in Lexington”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Very good food and service. My favorite dish is home style thai basil with chicken

Lexington, Kentucky
“Horrible Experience”
Reviewed April 8, 2011

We had a worst experience at Mai Thai recently and I decided to let every one know so you don’t have to go thru the same experience. We recently got a gift certificate at Restaurant.com as we had to use some miles in order from it to stop expiring and we chose to use it at Mai Thai. First of all it did say Dine in only so I went in and had my husband and my 2 kids stay in the car so I can order stay there and take it to go. The coupon said minimum purchase of $25 and 18% gratuity. I didn’t have a problem paying gratuity even though I wasn’t literally dining in. My kids were sick and they weren’t going to sit in the restaurant. The owner said she couldn’t take my coupon because I was only 1 person. So she made me gets my sick kids and my husband in to the restaurant. We said just bring only one dish and make everything else to go but she did not do that either. She made me put everything in to go boxes myself and gave me the smallest to go box youcan ever find so I had to use at least 2 for every item. So I went up and asked her politely for a carry bag and right to my face she said they ran out. I knew she was lying because I had just seen someone come and take a to go order. Never in my life have I been so insulted when I went to a restaurant. Never am I going to step a foot in there. I was paying for the food and expect them to treat every customer with respect. So if you ever go in there expect to be disrespected and insulted.

• Visited April 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
“our favorite”
Reviewed November 1, 2010

we miss the place that used to be right next to UK, but at least the food is the same.