“Very enjoyable surprise”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 11, 2013

A group of us looked for a casual dining option that included vegetarian options. We.were very pleased with the variety of meat and meatless options - all prepared very well. Besides the great food, the server was able to handle our large group (10) extremely well - all while being welcoming and personable.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Had blueberry buckwheat pancakes and my boyfriend ordered the breakfast burrito. Both were delicious. We had to wait for about an hour for a table, but the food was good. We visited on a Sunday morning about 10am. If you are in a rush or need to eat in less than 2 hours, bypass this place. It's great though.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I had the Chana masala with quinoa salad. One sister had the bluegrass gumbo & the other had an omelette. We had the red zinger iced tea (raspberry hibiscus tea). My masala was amazing. The bluegrass gumbo was also really yummy. The omelette was... an omelette :) Overall I think I liked my dish the best. The three of us split a slice of warm sour cream apple pie & a slice of raspberry chocolate mousse cheesecake. Both desserts were to die for. So glad we forged on to get them.

Great atmosphere, reasonable price, good food... I'd go back when visiting my sisters again at UK :)

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was starting point for Bleu Plate Food Tour of downtown Lexington. Had buckwehat pancakes with blackberry fruit sauce - yummy. The chalkboard menu of specials looked excellent and friend said the cinnamon coffee was delish!

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We all really enjoyed the meals we had at Alfalfa. Lots of vegetarian and vegan friendly options, and omnivore food as well. They also have a small kid's menu. Several varieties of local beer on the menu as well. Would definitely recommend, but it's not great if your looking for something inexpensive. I wouldn't say that it was overpriced though, just not for the times when you're looking to save some cash.