“Something for everyone!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We all really enjoyed the meals we had at Alfalfa. Lots of vegetarian and vegan friendly options, and omnivore food as well. They also have a small kid's menu. Several varieties of local beer on the menu as well. Would definitely recommend, but it's not great if your looking for something inexpensive. I wouldn't say that it was overpriced though, just not for the times when you're looking to save some cash.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I do not get to eat lunch in downtown Lexington very often so when I sat down for lunch I had trouble deciding between solid favorites on the menu and and a couple of great specials on the board (fish tacos and chrizo burrito). I opted for the red beans and rice with Greek artichoke salad as my side. My server was attentive. I will make it a point to get back soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Downtown Main Street, with lots of old buildings around. So much fun to tour downtown before heading to eat. I remember the place from college days. It was one step off center and remains that way today. Good portions of ordinary to unusual combination of foods

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I came here as part of a decent size group, maybe 20 or so, on a Thursday night.

The waiter was very new and (while a really nice guy) seemed to be just thrown at us with no help from any other staff there. There were plenty of mistakes made (wrong food, wrong sides, even one woman didn't get her meal order sent to the kitchen). My Alfa burger (I think that was it) was ok. I was surprised to see it did not come with a side of anything. Not even plain potato chips. It also tasted kind of bland.

I get that their shtick is that it's all natural, local and that. But that doesn't mean it has to be boring. My group was very forgiving, however, and all said they enjoyed the experience. I'm glad it wasn't me that recommended this place.

I figured my wife and I could try them again for breakfast a couple days later.

I was happy with the breakfast and that is where I'd make my recommendation. I received a lot of food - big buttermilk pancakes (w/chocolate chips), large french toast and a side of their homefries. This was a lot of food. It was very tasty and satisfying.

My wife on the other hand tried their "tofu scramble". She loves tofu but said this was waaaay to runny and not solid in the least. If the idea was to make it kind of like scrambled eggs, they failed miserably at it. She didn't want to send it back so ate what she could.

I really wanted to like this place more. Would I suggest breakfast? Yes if you want a traditional breakfast meal. Would I go back there again? Probably not.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Quite an extensive choice of healthy food from this restaurant. Service is fairly quick and the food is freshly made. Lunches took a bit longer when they were very full as to be expected. Would have no problem recommending this place for healthy eating as well as some unusual items. Good place to relax and enjoy some soup, bread and a sandwich or salad. I have recommended this place to several of my friends!