“Mediocre”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed August 23, 2017

The place is losing it's charm and needs serious updating. The seats are ripped and uncomfortable, there were insects flying around while we tried to eat. Food is excellent and that's the only thing which makes it worth a visit. If you want a decent dining experience I would go somewhere else or get take out.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

This place is a great value and the food is delicious. Very few restaurants maintain their results consistently, but for the last 18 years I've been eating here and it has never let me down. The lunch buffet is the bomb.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

Last night, I met my 2 daughters for dinner at 8pm. While the food was lovely, we were rushed out by 9pm in a most discourteous way. Plates were removed as soon as we took a few bites. If we had been told the restaurant was closing soon, it might have been alright, but the disrespect was too much. We felt so unwelcome that we will never return. I have lived in Turkey and in Bosnia amongst Muslim people and the hospitality is genuine. A special time together was ruined. A few minutes of respect would have made all the difference.... We were already rushing to accommodate them (we took most of our dinner in to-go boxes), but this was too much. A bad impression that will not go away... A shame after dining here for over 10 years...

2  Thank deb r
Reviewed March 3, 2017

We went to Oasis today for lunch and had the buffet. A server greeted us as we entered and took our drink order. The buffet was in need of replenishment - several dishes were very low or empty. The bread basket with pita was also empty. Over the next 15-20 minutes, some of the offerings were replaced so there were several salad and main course choices available with multiple trips to the buffet.The tossed salad, even after replacement, was wilted and tired. The food was greasy and tasteless. Neither of us found anything that we liked in the hot dishes. There was one cold zucchini salad that was quite good. The pita bread was never replenished. I spotted a plastic bag full of pita wedges, opened it and filled the bread basket. This occurred right next to the table where all of the servers were seated eating lunch.
We will never be back. There are several other Mediterranean restaurants in Lexington with better food and service.

Reviewed February 21, 2017

This was my husband's and I favorite restaraunt when we lived in Lex. We now live 3hrs from Lexington and often have family members bring us food when they come this way for a visit---even eaten the next day after being packed in a cooler ---it is still our absolute favorite restaurant!

Been to The Oasis Restaurant? Share your experiences!