“Local Favorite”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I've lived in Lexington for many years and want to point out a few restaurants that have become my favorites because of their combination of good food at reasonable prices. One of those at the top of my list is Oasis. If you like Mediterranean food such as shawarma, falafel, fattoush salads, kabob, hummus, etc. it's as good as it gets. The owner is from Lebanon, so the food is authentic, and he's generally there making sure that things are done properly. Generally, I stay away from lunch buffets; this is my one exception. They put out a range of very delicious salads, pita, rice, spreads and warm dishes that maintain their flavor in the warming dishes, and it's very reasonably priced. Their evening meals from the menu are again wonderful and include very large portions. My wife and I usually order a dinner each, but knowing that we'll be bringing half of it home for another full meal of leftovers the next day. If you order the fattoush salad, the chicken shawarma platter and baklava, you can't go wrong. If you're a couple, and don't have any way of taking leftovers with you, order a single platter and split it; you'll get plenty of food.

This is a local hang out, near the University of Kentucky, so you'll find it packed with UK faculty and staff during lunch time, and locals from the surrounding neighborhoods at night. It's not a fancy place, simple tables and booths. I'd call it mid range in regard to price, but tremendous value, given the portions, since the buffet is all you can eat, and the dinner portions are so large. The staff is a mix of family members and college students, who are always very pleasant and helpful. The atmosphere is very relaxed and friendly.

3  Thank Michael_B39588

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had the Oasis platter and couldn't eat it all in 2 days. The waiter was friendly and very helpful. The kabobs, the falafel, the little footballs of meat, and the garlic sauce is very garlicky. All was delicious.

4  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had an early lunch here before leaving Lexington after a long weekend vacation. The lunch buffet was available, but I chose to order the falafel pita sandwich as I was not that hungry. It was delicious and great value for the price. Just what I needed before I hit the road. The restaurant was filling up by the time I left - it appeared to be a popular place with the locals.

2  Thank Stephanie P
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Lunch buffet!
this small restaurant had a nice friendly atmosphere, the staff were helpful and obliging. Although not much to choose from what there was was fresh, tasty and very satisfying. The baklava was exceptional, so much so we ordered six pieces to go.
If I was wanting Mediterranean food I would definitely go here. The parking is tight so Id try and go early before the lunch rush.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I really liked this restaurant. Great Mediterranean food and friendly service. Did not disappoint. I see a lot of people like the lunch buffet (which sounds amazing) but I was there for dinner. Endless vegetarian options and great mezas (sharing plates). I would recommend ordering several of the small plates and just sharing so you can taste a little of everything. Grilled haloumi cheese would have made the menu superb. I haven't found that outside of my visit to Greece.

Been to The Oasis Restaurant? Share your experiences!