“Best Mediterranean in Town”

The Oasis Restaurant
Ranked #172 of 918 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Lexington
“Best Mediterranean in Town”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I have been frequenting Oasis for three years now. The staff is always very friendly, the atmosphere is good and the food is always delicious. They offer a lunch buffet during the week which is a great opportunity to try different offerings on the menu and the schwarma sandwiches never disappoint. One of Lexington's best ethnic restaurants.

Visited October 2011

“Good buffet”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This small restaurant tucked away in a Chevy Chase shopping center attracts a crowd of locals for its lunch buffet. There are many vegetarian dishes, soup and protein choices. The food is good and fresh. The major fault is the pita bread, which is from a package. Prices are reasonable.

Visited December 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
“Excellent and very authentic”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I went there with my family, 4 children and friends of the family. The food was delicious, the service was great and they made sure everything was to our liking. I have eaten at many middle eastern restaurants and I cook middle eastern foods. I must say this is one of the best restaurants I have eaten at. You can taste the fresh hummus, it is made from scratch. The garlic did is amazing. The appetizers were delicious. Great portions. Everything was wonderful and so was the staff. I wish they were open on Sundays as well. I did not try the buffet, I was there for dinner and ordered from the menu.

• Visited December 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
“The lunch buffet has never disappointed!”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

You can tell by the crowds every weekday at lunchtime that Oasis must be doing something right. It's my favorite place to get together when an out-of-town friend comes to visit. The dining room is very small and cozy, with the pleasant hubbub of happy people enjoying their food. The lunch buffet is a great value for your money. The menu changes a bit from month to month, but some staples remain ... the pita bread, hummus, falafel, and delicious dessert of apricots, prunes and raisins. I wish the dishes had signs identifying what they are, although the hovering wait staff will answer your questions if you ask. There are plenty of vegetarian options and although I always eat a lot, the food seems natural and healthy and doesn't make me feel like I've overindulged.

• Visited October 2011
Lexington, KY
“Middle-Eastern Cuisine”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

The Oasis is always very good. We've been going there for many years and it consistently excellent. Wonderful lunch buffet - don't miss the lentil soup! Turkish coffee is great. Lots of veggie choices, too.

• Visited November 2011