“Excellent and very authentic”

The Oasis Restaurant
Ranked #177 of 903 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Lexington, Kentucky
“Excellent and very authentic”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I went there with my family, 4 children and friends of the family. The food was delicious, the service was great and they made sure everything was to our liking. I have eaten at many middle eastern restaurants and I cook middle eastern foods. I must say this is one of the best restaurants I have eaten at. You can taste the fresh hummus, it is made from scratch. The garlic did is amazing. The appetizers were delicious. Great portions. Everything was wonderful and so was the staff. I wish they were open on Sundays as well. I did not try the buffet, I was there for dinner and ordered from the menu.

• Visited December 2011

Lexington, Kentucky
“The lunch buffet has never disappointed!”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

You can tell by the crowds every weekday at lunchtime that Oasis must be doing something right. It's my favorite place to get together when an out-of-town friend comes to visit. The dining room is very small and cozy, with the pleasant hubbub of happy people enjoying their food. The lunch buffet is a great value for your money. The menu changes a bit from month to month, but some staples remain ... the pita bread, hummus, falafel, and delicious dessert of apricots, prunes and raisins. I wish the dishes had signs identifying what they are, although the hovering wait staff will answer your questions if you ask. There are plenty of vegetarian options and although I always eat a lot, the food seems natural and healthy and doesn't make me feel like I've overindulged.

• Visited October 2011
Lexington, KY
“Middle-Eastern Cuisine”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

The Oasis is always very good. We've been going there for many years and it consistently excellent. Wonderful lunch buffet - don't miss the lentil soup! Turkish coffee is great. Lots of veggie choices, too.

• Visited November 2011
“Great first trip”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My partner and I went to the Oasis on a recommendation from a colleague (who is actually Mediterranean and accustomed to actual Mediterranean food). We both had chicken. I had the schawarma and he had the kebobs, both with fries and salad/lentil soup. We mistakenly ate all of it! Probably shouldn't have eaten so much before a drive back into the mountains. It was wonderful and I can't wait to go back and try other items on the menu. The service was very good. We had a young guy as a waiter and he was both attentive, polite, and very friendly. My only complaint is that it's an hour away! Prices were very fair and since we went at 1 on a Saturday afternoon, it was basically dead!

• Visited November 2011
Prestonsburg, Kentucky
“Very Tasty and Terrific Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Another find for vegans, this restaurant has excellent food and the mango juice is divine. They have several choices, you just have to be wary of what has yogurt in it. Their pita bread is absolutely wonderful, as well as their humus, and they have excellent falafels.

• Visited May 2011

Been to The Oasis Restaurant? Share your experiences!