“Great Guys, Greasy Pizza”

Goodfellas Pizzeria
Ranked #54 of 962 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Pizza is what we do... and we pride ourselves on staying true to our New York roots! We believe that everyone should experience the culture of an independent business focused on family and community. Not only do we have a passion for pizza, we have passion for our customers. Come in and let us prove to you why they call us "Goodfellas".
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten at Goodfellas more than 20x over the years , mainly because it was the only downtown afterhours choice for a while. The owners and staff rock, no denying that, very cool guys, but the gigantic, floppy slices of pizza will leave grease literally dripping from your elbows. Hard to believe people wait 45 minutes at bar closing time on weekends but they do. Great concept, great local business, but highly hyped and overrated pizza. Try it sober once.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I love Goodfellas pizza. It's great for a quick bite because they do by the slice (I'm speaking of the one on Mill St). If I'm getting a whole pizza, I typically call in a takeout order, because (as others have mentioned) 9/10 times you have nowhere to sit. I've never had a pizza from Goodfellas I didn't like, and their breadsticks are great as well. I love that it isn't a chain, and the deliciousness of the food speaks to that.The staff is always friendly, but it's all about the food for me. My favorite is Taste of Naples, but I love them all. (Only exception is The Boss, but that's simply because I don't like chicken on pizza.) Be aware that if you go late you'll almost always be dealing with "late night" crowds - lots of fun or no fun at all, depending on your preference.

1  Thank lahdeefrickindah
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I'm normally not a huge pizza fan but Goodfellas has made me one! It is by far the best pizza I have ever had. It puts Joe Bs and all of the other competition to shame. When I'm on my death bed, I'm gonna ask for a slice of Goodfellas.

Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

Awesome late night food after enjoying the pubs of Lexington. Be prepared to stand in line but I promise that it is worth it. There are a few tables outside for seating but otherwise you're on your own. One slice is plenty and the breadsticks are HUGE! Enjoy!!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I would have to say this is the best pizza in Lexington. It is the large Chicago style pizza and they are open very late to help out the bar crowd. They have a lunch special where's you get a slice of pizza, huge breadstick and drink for $6. If you get their largest pizza it won't even fit in your car! You see people driving away with it on the roof of their car!