“Holy Cajun Goodness”

Ranked #18 of 903 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Gumbo Ya Ya Fast Casual Cajun Creole is locally owned & operated by Greg and Tressa Todd. Greg started his career in the Cajun restaurant business in 1989 as an assistant manager for New Orleans native Joe Vuskovich (Original founder of Jozo's Bayou Gumbo). Greg worked under Joe V's wing for many years as a prep cook, store manager & co-partner of the original Yats Cajun Creole. After several years in the business, Greg decided to open his own Cajun joint with a “keep it simple” motto & no frills. Thus the chalkboard menu and tax included pricing. The S. Broadway location opened it's doors in January of 2004 and continues to serve up Lexington's finest Cajun cuisine around. Greg takes great pride in knowing every plate of food served in his store is prepared by him using fresh local produce (no preservatives) & that he is dishing up damn good Cajun Creole for a can’t beat it price! So, whether your in the mood for the famous Yatwich, or you need to satisfy your irrepressible urge for Maque Choux, or you just want ya some Red Beans & Rice on Wash day, Ya Ya's has got you covered!
Kansas City, Missouri
“Holy Cajun Goodness”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We were passing through Lexington, so I took to Trip Advisor to see what options for dinner were available. We had a craving for Cajun so decided to give this place a shot! Boy are we glad we did!!

We were greeted with a friendly welcome and were able to even have samples of the specials that day before making our final decision. I chose the red beans and rice with sausage and was not disappointed. The regular size was more than enough to fill me up! My husband had the crawfish creole over rice and maque choux over noodles and raved over it!! (You can choose two dishes when you order the large plate) The price for everything including drinks was $16!!! Insanely good for the portion and quality!

Step away from the chains that Lexington has to offer and try a little slice of Cajun heaven!

South Korea
“Loved it”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Checked in to the local Holiday Inn Express and was hungry. We looked on TA and found this local place and decided to try it. So glad we did, good home cooked Cajun food and at a reasonable price, way better than the local Sir Pizza, Sonic and Buffalo Wild Wings. Try it please you won't be disappointed!

Visited August 2014
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Excellent cajun food in Kentucky”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

All reviews are correct, had jambalya, was better than what I have eaten in Nawlin's All is good, Will certainly go back when I am in the area, also offered a sample to try something different before you buy. Who does that besides an ice cream store ? Good place Good people, You have to be looking hard to find it as it is not on the street but in a little strip mall.

Visited August 2014
Lexington
“Wow, great service”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My dish I got wasn't anything to ride home about compared to others I've had before here and else where, pretty simple crawfish creole , lite on the crawfish and a piece of chick(what I get for ordering the small plate)

What really won me over on this place was the gentlemen handling the register. On a slow night a difficult couple walked in behind me and proceeded to hammer the man with questions and allergies this and that, I think I even overheard her say white wine doesn't cook out , come again? Whatever, how the gentleman handled the situation going through ingredients in their sauces and how it's a rotating menu to finally calm them to make a order may have one me over at this joint

1 Thank Ctp4
“Simply the best food in Lexington.”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Gumbo ya ya is my absolute favorite place to eat in Lex . The atmosphere is great with a constant stream of blues/jazz and a festive décor. The food is always worth the trip and the hot sauce is delicious enough to bring home with you. My personal favorite is the Mushroom and Parmesan Creole.

• Visited August 2014