“Wow, great service”

Ranked #25 of 948 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Gumbo Ya Ya Fast Casual Cajun Creole is locally owned & operated by Greg and Tressa Todd. Greg started his career in the Cajun restaurant business in 1989 as an assistant manager for New Orleans native Joe Vuskovich (Original founder of Jozo's Bayou Gumbo). Greg worked under Joe V's wing for many years as a prep cook, store manager & co-partner of the original Yats Cajun Creole. After several years in the business, Greg decided to open his own Cajun joint with a “keep it simple” motto & no frills. Thus the chalkboard menu and tax included pricing. The S. Broadway location opened it's doors in January of 2004 and continues to serve up Lexington's finest Cajun cuisine around. Greg takes great pride in knowing every plate of food served in his store is prepared by him using fresh local produce (no preservatives) & that he is dishing up damn good Cajun Creole for a can’t beat it price! So, whether your in the mood for the famous Yatwich, or you need to satisfy your irrepressible urge for Maque Choux, or you just want ya some Red Beans & Rice on Wash day, Ya Ya's has got you covered!
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My dish I got wasn't anything to ride home about compared to others I've had before here and else where, pretty simple crawfish creole , lite on the crawfish and a piece of chick(what I get for ordering the small plate)

What really won me over on this place was the gentlemen handling the register. On a slow night a difficult couple walked in behind me and proceeded to hammer the man with questions and allergies this and that, I think I even overheard her say white wine doesn't cook out , come again? Whatever, how the gentleman handled the situation going through ingredients in their sauces and how it's a rotating menu to finally calm them to make a order may have one me over at this joint

1  Thank Ctp4

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Gumbo ya ya is my absolute favorite place to eat in Lex . The atmosphere is great with a constant stream of blues/jazz and a festive décor. The food is always worth the trip and the hot sauce is delicious enough to bring home with you. My personal favorite is the Mushroom and Parmesan Creole.

Thank J. V
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I usually go by Gumbo YA YA at least once every few weeks to pick up an easy feast for the family. They have a fantastic rotating selection of Cajun staples plus some innovative dishes. We're pleased to always have a few veggie options.It's nice to dine in and enjoy the beer selections, too. Great value and portion size keep us coming back!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great food, great prices and the fastest food around!! Great depth of flavor in all the dishes. One of our favorites

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We couldn't decide so each got half and half plates. Still can't decide as all four dishes were excellent. Casual. No frills. Very friendly staff, and Cajun food that puts NOLA to shame.