“Beautiful Restaurant and Delicious Food!”
Review of Shakespeare and Co. - CLOSED

Shakespeare and Co.
Reviewed April 3, 2016

We took my family from out of town here the other night and had a great experience. We had a variety of dishes at the table and everyone really enjoyed what they ordered. We love the unique decor as well.

Reviewed March 31, 2016 via mobile

It is better to go when an event is occurring because they have more staff working and have better service. We went to the Broadway Show next door while basketball season was stating. I was impressed.

However, on a slow night you seat yourself, get your own menu and eventually a server visits you. I had a club sandwich and my wife had a burger. It was different in a good way while the food is tasty. It seemed the bar was lacking verses during basketball season.

It is worth checking out. It has a good atmosphere!

Jessica C, Director of Sales at Shakespeare and Co., responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm glad that you enjoy our delicious food and unique atmosphere! We hope to see you in again soon!

Reviewed March 7, 2016

Wow what a surprise around the corner!! My husband and I were looking to kill a little time after the game and what a lovely place we found :) The decor and the atmosphere where awesome, the waitress was very pleasant and helpful. It was very busy right after the game but we had no trouble being seated and did not have to wait to long for our food, which was very good. Will visit there again for sure next time I'm in Lexington.

I'm so glad that you stopped in on your visit to Lexington! We really pride ourselves on our unique décor, good service, and delicious food and I am so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us! Can't wait to see you in again soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2016

TO me, the food is not very good, the service is not very good and I don't enjoy going there! There are lots of good restaurants in Lexington but to me this is not one I would recommend.

1  Thank Leelex
Jessica C, Director of Sales at Shakespeare and Co., responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2016

I appreciate that you took the time to give us your personal feedback of our Chinoe location. We understand that everyone's opinions and tastes vary, but try to meet the needs of a majority of our customers. If you would like to discuss this further, I would like to better understand what particular led you to have a negative experience with us. Please feel free to email me at Jessica.coomes@shakespeareandco.us

Reviewed February 2, 2016

My friend and I had a late lunch here today. The place was almost empty. We ate in the bar as we liked the light and openness of the area. I had mushroom soup and the avocado shrimp sandwich, both were very good. Our waiter, Charles, was great! My friend had salad nicoise, which she also liked and had had before. I ate at the downtown location several years ago when it was fairly new and thought - just okay, but today's lunch was delicious. Since it wasn't crowded we were also able to have a nice quiet long visit They also have a special dessert with half the proceeds going to the local Girl Scouts. I brought one home to share with my husband. Still haven't tried it. Looks good tho'.

We're so glad that you and your friend enjoyed your experience with us! I'm so glad that you were able to try our Lemonade Cheesecake Dessert made with Lemonades Girl Scout cookies! Please come in and see us again soon!