“First Run”

The Kentucky Theater
Ranked #27 of 125 things to do in Lexington
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Kentucky Theatre is over 100 years old and g gets all the first runs that don't make the big chains. It is also the only theatre In Lexington which serves wine.

1  Thank Tranttio

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I am a long time patron of the Kentucky Theatre. When I first started going, it was way before the long overdue remodeling. I think the Kentucky Theatre is the centerpiece of downtown Lexington. All of your favorite films are so much more enjoyable when watching them at the Kentucky Theatre. If you have the opportunity you should catch a flick at the Kentucky Theatre.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Kentucky is nothing short of a Landmark in downtown Lexington. From Woodsongs recordings, to quirky B movies like Rocky Horror Picture Show (in all its glory) it is an experience that most all students and residents of Lexington enjoy.

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

My Wife And I Don't Get To Go On Many Dates. When We Do We Go To The Kentucky Theater. The Films Are Always Fantastic. Just Saw Hyde Park On Hudson In The State Theater. Can't Beat The Candy Assortment And My Wife Was Happy To Get The 6Th Street IPA. Some Seats Are Falling Apart And We Were Hushed When Whispering About The History Of The Movie. But Overall I Have To Say That You Can't Pick A Better Place To See A Movie If You Want A Getaway From The Kids For A Date Night!!!!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We grew up in Lexington, and remember when the Kentucky opened. It was special then, and still is. I went to high school with the manager, and he has been there as long as I can remember. It is like stepping back in time to see a movie at the Kentucky. This is how going to the movies should be. No comparison with the big theatres.