“Pay attention to the Charge on your CC”

Howard Johnson Inn Lexington
Ranked #45 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Elyria, Ohio
“Pay attention to the Charge on your CC”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I booked at an online rate of $64. Upon arrival, I was presented with an overview of my Bill to sign. On the Bill it showed a rate of $99. I asked the female front desk person (3/8/13) why it shows $99 on my bill and she said, "That's what we charge the other guest, I see here you booked at a rate of $64 so that's what you will be charged." On the morning of (3/9/13)As I was walking to the front desk to turn in my key, I checked my Credit Card and noticed they charged me $112 for the room. I wouldn't dare pay that much for that crappy, dusty room that came with a blanket that had some type of huge pink stain on it. Now I have to wait for the money to be refunded back to my card. This is ABSURD!! I really don't appreciate the OVERcharge at all! Who knows how many times they have done this to customers in the past, figuring we won't notice. Needless to say, I won't be staying at ANY HOJO again. P.S. The beds are as hard as a rock.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca B, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Lexington, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
On behalf of our entire team I wish to apologize for the problems you had with your stay at our property. Your input will greatly help us resolve problems and better service our guest in the future. I would like to offer you a complimentary one night stay at our property. To redeem just give me a call at 859-293-2202 Ext 503 and I will happily set up your complimentary one night stay.

Sincerely, Rebecca/Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Travelers also viewed these Lexington hotels
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Lexington
#36 of 71 in Lexington
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#54 of 71 in Lexington

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Lexington? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Lexington

Property: Howard Johnson Inn Lexington
Address: 2241 Elkhorn Rd, Lexington, KY 40505-4839
Location: United States > Kentucky > Lexington
Ranked #45 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Lexington 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Lexington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Regency Hotel Lexington