“Mostly but not totally fine; wish there was a "Good" button option, something between Average and Very Good”

Distilled At Gratz Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Distilled At Gratz Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 1,018 Restaurants in Lexington
Description: From award-winning Heirloom Restaurant in Midway, Ky stems "Distilled at Gratz Park." Chef Mark Wombles and team specialize in farm-to-table fare, incorporating an artful and elevated approach to southern cuisine in a comfortable atmosphere. Located in Historic Gratz Park Inn, the establishment removes all unnecessary ingredients from fine dining, leaving only the artistic expression food.
Reviewed April 26, 2018

Excellent service: professional, gracious, just attention enough without hovering.

Cocktails: excellent, good variety, creative without being cutesy, all priced at $12.

Ambience: grown-up but not formal, comfortable without being too casual, small-ish dining room so noise level low and cheerful.

Food: On its face, menu is inventive, hip, some trendy ingredients along with classics. Lovely presentations. Salads delicious, perfect size, just enough choices (I could eat the lettuces with pistachio dressing every day!).

Entrees are where I waffle (no pun intended). I had the duck breast and, true, it's not like I didn't read the menu before choosing it, but when it arrived it was an overly complicated, dense array of ingredients and flavors, sometimes hard to find the duck among the roasted grapes, pine nuts, grit puree, leek and sausage bread pudding, and grape fluid gel (whatever that is). At first bites all those things were good, but the duck got lost.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

A real treat. Excellence all around from the moment we sat down. The server was friendly and knowledgeable and helpful and the food was outstanding down to the double patty hamburger. Don’t miss it!

Reviewed March 10, 2018

We wanted a great place and outstanding lunch and we found it! I have to admit, it has been too long since I have dined here. I will not wait long to return. I had the soup and salad. Although it may sound boring, it was anything but. The butternut squash soup with granny smith apples was superb. The greens were fresh with pistachio dressing was wonderful. My friends ordered the fish taco, crab sandwich, and burger. All were fresh and generous in portions. For dessert we had the carrot cake and tiramisu, both were fresh and portions were generous. Please check this place out. Yes, they are open during the construction project. Service was excellent.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Two friends accompanied me for dinner and we all agreed that we had "the best meal of our lives." We started by sharing the battered halibut appetizer, which was lightly battered to succulent perfection. We each had a salad, and the "Lettuces" was outstanding. The salads were huge! I had the pork chop, with excellent presentation, while my friends had the rib eye. Our meals were excellent, beyond our expectation. The highlight of the meal was the superb service from the most knowledgeable server. We left completely happy and promised ourselves to return when back in Lexington.

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

I had great service. The greens salad with pistachios was very nice. The filet cooked just the way I like it. Don’t forget to get a dish with crispy country ham.

Date of visit: January 2018