All reviews within driving distance front desk free laundry nice bath ideal location cottage cheese dish soap full kitchen fire pit living room road warrior housekeeping issues pool water top choice very comfortable stay love staying would definitely stay here again
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

Breakfast was awesome...Vaness makes a wonderful buffet and she makes sure you have everything you need. Hotel was very clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. Would highly recommend. The rooms definitely have everything you need.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

This was a nice surprise for finding it as we were driving to Lexington. Very clean. Love the fact they had 8 towels big towels and not normal 4 that most have and lots of wash clothes. Full kitchen with dishes, free laundry service. Pleasant experience. Will stay again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2017

We have stayed several times in this hotel and it was our first choice in Lexington for location, value, and cleanliness.

The hotel rents a block of semi-permanent rooms to a work crew of some sort (10 people maybe). We definitely noticed this in all our previous stays, but this time seemed different:
- even more so the folks in this work crew were totally remote, unkept, unfriendly, shuffled around and kept to themselves in small groups at the entrance and in the breakfast/sitting area
- this time they were smoking right at the trash can at the front door, at ALL hours - even when I came and went at 11pm or later.

See pictures for the result at the front entrance, snapped at about 9am. It totally smelled awful just outside the front entrance as a result.

Definitely going to try to find an alternative next visit.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Dear mwilaby,

Thank you for sharing your impressions of your recent stay with us.

I am very happy that our service, the location of our hotel and the sleeping quality in our rooms met your expectations. We strive to provide the best possible service as well as experience and it is always great to hear from our valued guests on how we are doing. I also take note regarding your comment about the smoke smell at the entrance of our hotel, we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future. I apologize if this might have caused you inconvenience.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We would be delighted if you visit us again in the future.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 9, 2017

For the three nights that we spent there, it was a nice hotel. It's clean and well furnished. We spent the nights on the first floor. I enjoyed relaxing in my hotel room every night. The next two mornings we decided to sleep in. We got a note saying that we missed housekeeping and would have to tell the front desk that our room was ready to be cleaned. We we did that Sunday and Monday, but they didn't come. We had to ask the front desks for towels and our trash to be taken out.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Anniversary Get a Way included plans to tour local attractions all day before our dinner reservations at Tony's of Lexington ( A+) .
I did call and alert the hotel we were arriving very early but would totally understand room not being available. Showed up around 8 to maybe Pre check in as Platinum Elite members. Desk clerk was already busy , invited us to have breakfast while she checked. We grabbed a quick bite as we had to get to Keeneland Farms for 8:30 1st tour at ( another A +) and were told Room should be ready when we returned. Loved the tour and lingered , returning appx 10:30. Soon after Is when I heard " just a little longer " for almost 2 hours. This caused us to miss the eagerly anticipated Mary Todd Lincoln tour.
I had our luggage in the comfortable lobby / dining area , ( they did offer to store it but given the ' just a little longer ' I opted to just keep it with me. ) and was eager to check in a freshen up a bit.
The Asst Mgr must have noticed this and that I was pacing back and forth and stepped up. When he heard of my plight , I told him the desk clerk had apologized again just a moment ago and assured me it would just be a few minutes more.
Asst. GM sprung into action and returned shortly and got us checked in. Nice touch of a basket of grapes and a bottle plus a very nice note in the very clean and comfy one bedroom suite. He also invited us to have complimentary wine or beer at the evening social as further apology. Great PR and I appreciated his takin charge.
Staff worked hard - all appeared clean and well maintained throughout the facility.
Would've preferred a King Bed but my wife and I still enjoy cuddling so that was not a big issue.
Shower Pressure and water temp both nice for my aching bones and joints after the other tours ( Both great --- Henry Clay Estate and the short tour of the newer and small Bluegrass Distillery ) .
After a quick yummy sampling of the taco bar and a drink it was off to a great dinner.
Comfy restful sleep , good breakfast in the morning and just chilling a bit before checking out. ( Too worn out and too long a drive home to try and take in the Mary Todd Lincoln tour)
So , other than the checkin holdup ,we both had a pleasant stay and would definitely consider it again ( I totally get we arrived early but surely had no problem checking in later had I just been properly informed instead of getting frustrated by waiting and waiting )
Recommended.