“Nice Gourmet Lunch And Tasting”
Review of Jean Farris Winery

Jean Farris Winery
Ranked #55 of 120 things to do in Lexington
okeechobee, fl
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice Gourmet Lunch And Tasting”
Reviewed December 7, 2008

My Mom and I visited this winery on our Los Lonely Boys Road trip the week of Sept. 14, 2008. I believe it was Wednesday, Sep 18, 2008 the day we visited. I found the place on the internet and it was on our way to to Louisville, KY where the Los Lonely Boys were playing. We arrived after a beautiful 3 mile drive from the interstate. It was like being on a different planet with just pure natural beauty everywhere you looked. The winery was very easy to find with good signage and lots of parking. The setting was stunning with tobacco fields in the distance and a modern looking homey building close to the parking lot. There was a bar when you walked in with a few patrons and children enjoying themselves. The restaurant was set up outdoors overlooking the tobacco barns and fields. We were blessed with an absolutely gorgeous day and an enthusiastic waitress. We each tried a red tasting which consisted of three different reds so we got to try a total of six. We each liked one of the others reds the best so we each ordered a glass of our favorite and ordered lunch. We had french onion soup to start. THis was an acceptable dish but I would probably skip it next time. I have had better onion soup. Our main courses arrived: chicken pot pie and the cheeseboard platter (its called something like that) and these dishes were to die for. The cheese board platter was awesome with dried fruit, several types of cheese and nuts. The chicken pot pie was freshly baked and delish. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and plan to return in 2009 on our next los lonely boys road trip!! Put this place on your itenerary!

2 Thank caseworker44

Lexington
“Fabulous Find”
Reviewed September 5, 2008

I stumbled across Jean farris while out riding with my husband. We were offered complimentary wine tasting and we had a difficult time deciding which one we liked the best...so we ordered a bottle of each! Jeanie Farris is a lovely lady that gives a warm welcome and lets you feel like a guest in her home. The food is wonderful and the happy hour prices can't be beat. I have recommended it to EVERYONE I know! Don't pass up this one.

Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed June 12, 2008

We came to the winery for brunch, Sunday June 8, 2008. It's out in the country on a working farm with the vineyards and winery right there. We arrived at noon and found out soon that they can't serve wine until 1pm (KY law)! So we walked around the grounds for an hour before we ate. It is absolutely beautiful. While we waited our waiter came out and told us about the winery, he was fabulous. Ambiance is laid back and sophisticated, very pleasant. The wine was outstanding; we had a tasting right at our table. The food was also fabulous! The portions weren't too large and it was of very high quality. I had the Eggs Sardou and Strawberry Shortcake for dessert. We stumbled on the previous review and after having such a fabulous experience felt compelled to write this review. The change in Chefs has definitely left a positive impact here. We'll definitely go back!

1 Thank MMaiden
Lexington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lexington Be Thankful of This Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed June 5, 2008

We came to Jean Farris about two weeks ago and had an ok experience thanks for the support of there chef, it was a slow night and Jonathan helped us through the meal. A week later we decided to return and they already have another chef. If my memory serves me correct they haven't been able to keep there chefs consistent since there doors opened in 06. I have learned if the chefs are not happy then the food isn't happy either. There wine isnt bad although we had to return 3 bottles on two different occasions and forget trying to book an event with these people; they dont even know who does what around this place. I cant imagine what the owners are thinking being that there awarded gold for such cheaply made wines and actually think there good. You wanted my review so hear it is. Cheers.

2 Thank Lynsey H
Lexington Ky
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Jean Farris Winery”
Reviewed April 9, 2007

The food and atmosphere are terrific. When we pulled in the driveway we were underwhelmed by the building. However, once you step inside you forget all about the outside appearance. It is warm and inviting.
The waiter was very informative and let us taste several different wines prior to deciding on which to order with our meals. The menu is a bit limited but everyone's meal was delicious. The only negative
is that while the meal and atmosphere were good it was quite a bit higher than comparable restaurants in town; at least 25% more than we
are accustomed to paying.

5 Thank lexingtongal