“Great barbeque”

Blue Door Smokehouse
Ranked #1 of 929 Restaurants in Lexington
Reviewed August 9, 2014

After reading reviews we decided to try it out. The pulled chicken was extremely tender and flavorful and the collard greens and side salad were simple, fresh and tasted great. Great food, service and super friendly staff. I will definitely come out again or have them cater a meal.

1  Thank Nutsnella
There are newer reviews for Blue Door Smokehouse

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Wife had pulled pork and I had the brisket plate, both were delicious. I had the creamy coleslaw and potato salad, again both were exceptional. If you want, they also have a vinegar based coleslaw. Better get here early because when it's gone, it's gone for the day. Wife's pulled pork sandwich was the last one of the day at 12:20pm.....Good to see a thriving business occupying and old building from the past. Good thing they weren't here while I was working here in Lexington, I'd weigh a few more pounds. Get out Lexingtonians and support this wonderful business.

1  Thank NativeKentuckian
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We just had our first visit to the Blue Door. We were greeted immediately and were given a thorough menu explanation. We were newbies but felt like regulars in a few minutes. My husband and daughter both had the "burnt ends" with 2 sides. Everything was good, but my daughter thought hers was a little spicy. I don't know if that was from the beans or from the rub on the brisket. I had the pulled pork sandwich and it was tender and delicious. We will definitely be returning to try out more stuff.

1  Thank Retired-officer
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Our family was in Lexington in June 2014 for a business trip for my husband. We wanted to eat some authentic Kentucky barbecue and found the Blue Door Smokehouse on Urbanspoon and decided to give it a try. As other reviewers have mentioned, the barbecue was some of the best that I have ever eaten. They had actually been robbed the night before, but they were open for business on Saturday with smiling faces and excellent service. The brisket was like velvet and the sauces (tangy, mild, and spicy) were all amazing. We spoke to the chefs and they told us that they make the sauces all in-house, and it shows. The restaurant is quite small but tastefully and simply decorated, which enhanced our dining experience. We were sorry when the meal ended and my husband actually asked if they would ship to TN! If you are in Lexington, please give the Blue Door a try. This small gem just outside the city center should gain a great reputation for itself in no time.

1  Thank Renee S
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

As a vegetarian, I've only had the privilege of trying the sides here, but they are amazing! All the carnivores in my life have quite enjoyed the meatiness of this place. The staff is friendly and helpful!