“Great place for a little Cuban food!”
Review of Brasabana

Brasabana
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasabana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 946 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Brasabana features Cuban cuisine that is naturally scented with the flavors of Latin America and the Caribbean (think plantains and slow braised pork). It will draw on the talents of Chef/Owner Miguel Rivas who hails from the Dominican Republic and trained as a culinary artist in New York City before locating to Lexington to be near family. It is a story of today’s global, mobile -- yet local reach -- that defines Brasabana.
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

For an appetizer we had the Empanadas they were very tasty with a Chipotle cheese sauce and mushroom ceviche.
My entrée was Havana Neuva, tender juicy pulled pork with sweet plantain, fried Yuca, guacamole and dirty rice. Delicious! There was plenty there to fill me up. I will definitely be back.
I had a Mojito which was OK.. I am not sure how they are suppose to taste but my wife liked it, it did have fresh ingredients spices and juices.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We've been here for lunch and dinner. Food was very good at a reasonable price. The island chips with guacamole are a great appetizer. All was very good - highly recommend the Cuban sandwich and Pork Havana Nueva. Very prompt service. We will return- looking forward to trying more menu items.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

There is nothing not to like about Brasabana! This was our second visit to this restaurant, the first having been during their soft opening several months ago. The food was quite good that night, and tonight it was excellent!

We began with the Ultimate Margarita (made with Patron Silver and Cointreau). It was fresh and perfectly prepared. We skipped the appetizers and went straight to the evening's special, paella. It was absolutely cooked to perfection, and it was loaded with shrimp, calamari, mussels, fish, and chorizo sausage. For dessert, we had the smokeless Cuban cigar, which is a chocolate lover's delight! The service was friendly and casual but efficient, and the servers were extremely knowledgeable regarding the menu.

Chef Miguel Rivas has done a superb job in bringing a little bit of Cuba to Lexington, Kentucky. My only "complaint": Brasabana is in a nondescript strip center in suburban Lexington, and we live downtown. Seriously, though, it is well worth the 20 minutes it takes to get there!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stopped here late evening after my granddaughter's graduation ceremony. Six in our party; seated immediately. Nice atmosphere; live piano music; comfy decor. The food was awesome! Each of us had a different selection; all had the Island Chips for appetizer. I had the Mojo chicken sandwich; loved it. Nice to have an authentic Cuban restaurant in Lexington. Have to say the Mojito was a bit pricey and just O.K. Service was good also. Menu has a good selection for everyone's taste.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Six of us had a wonderful time and meal at Brasabana and our server Mark Kemper was kind and patient with us. The Cuban Cigar was my first choice for dessert, even before the meal...and the chocolate "cigar" was delicious. The cheesecake was devoured by three of us, and they said it wasn't like "normal" cheesecake, but better. The chicken thigh appetizer was enough for a meal, and the avocado salad between two large onion rings was different, but tasty. All of us enjoyed our entrée....and I can't remember the names, but all contained pork that was tender, and the servings were quite large. The ambiance is very plain, but that is fine since the money should be spent on the food and drinks, and that was obvious. We/I will return soon.