“Honeymoon Savers!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg
Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed May 7, 2009

My husband and I were married September 2008. All the hotels around Lexington were booked because of the Rider's Cup and other events. We were heart broken thinking we had to spend our honeymoon night at home. I called Homewood Suites the day before the wedding and we got a room! The suite was very comfortable and more than we hoped for.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Jason H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2015

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Lexington - Hamburg

Reviewed April 27, 2009

Recently I had a terrible experience in Lexington and was concerned about another random hotel. As I drove up to the Homewood Suites my fear began to ease. It is a newer hotel in a well-kept area. I walked in and was greeted by a very friendly, kind and professional Stephanie. She was very kind and put me right as ease. I felt better already! I walked into my room and found a very clean, comfortable and newer room. I love when there is an extra blanket or pillows, the kind away from home extras. The room is great! I would highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed March 2, 2009

Our original hotel was overbooked so they kindly made the arrangments to move us to the Homewood Suites/Lexington-Hamburg on Bryant Road. The hotel was very nice, clean and comfortable. Check-in clerk was very courteous, check-out clerk was busy doing "paperwork" and didn't really speak.g out. The breakfast had a lot to choose from and the person working it was also very nice. Our particular room faced the interstate, and while there are sound-proof panes on the windows you really can still hear the trucks. It was raining very hard the day we left but we were able to use the wide overhang to load our vehicle. This hotel turned out to be a great "second" choice and we would stay here again. High-speed internet is VERY slow. I was told they are working to improve that issue.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 4, 2008

Had great expectations for our stay here especially since we stayed at the other Homewood Suites near Fayette Mall two weeks prior. Night and day experience. While this property is slightly newer, I found two spiders, a spiderweb, hairs in the bathroom, rotten baseboard moulding in the bathroom, a previous guests' dinnerware and glasses were in the dishwasher and stayed there during our stay; the side entrance didn't close all the way and thus wasn't locked; cereal on the floor under the chair and sofa; and because of some malfunction when building the property according to the front desk clerk, if you use your deadbolt to run to the ice machine, lobby etc., the deadbolt stays up and in order to close the door, you have to pull up on the handle to disengage it. Liked the decor better than the other Homewood (trendy leather chair and ottoman that was also used as a coffee table). Will return to the other Homewood Suites in Lexington but not this one.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed January 30, 2008

The service is great, the food they server for breakfast and dinner managers special is good. The rooms are very decently priced, all it misses is being up to current technologically times. The "high speed internet" is not high speed. Its so slow sometimes I have to drive down the road to check my email. There is no nearby hotel completed yet, like the Savannah Ga homewood, to steal wireless from. The internet is so slow its a hassle to attempt to use. The wireless in the lobby is slightly better, and you will notice 6-8 business professionals in there using their laptops, too bad there is only 1 electrical outlet in the lobby. Sure theres 10 tables but 1 outlet, thats bad planning for a brand new hotel. I searched around the whole lobby and thats the only one!! I just want you to understand I have been here a month, so the slow internet is NOT a one day fluke. Other then these issues the hotel is great!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed November 4, 2007

We frequently go to Lexington to shop and visit our daughter who goes to UK.Since we are only an hour and a half away, we usually don't stay all night, but we thought we would stay and shop some this particular week-end. We were directed to this hotel by the desk clerk at Sleep Inn since it was full- and I am so glad we decided to stay there! The employees ( especially check-in) were great, the room was very clean and the breakfast and other amenities were very good.I highly recommend this hotel and we will DEFINTELY stay again. The beds were very comfortable, and the small kitchen was a big plus. We stayed for 109.99, and we felt we got a very good deal since it included breakfast. This is one of the nicest and cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in, and I have traveled a lot.We will be back!

Stayed: November 2007
4  Thank sandralh58

Reviewed October 29, 2007

My husband and I stayed overnight at this property in September.
It is a wonderful hotel; clean, great rooms and amenities. The location is excellent - close to shopping, restaurants and the interstate. The breakfast is the best we have ever experienced. A full breakfast included in the price of your room. We will definitely go back and would highly recommend to fellow travelers.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple