“Where to start???”

Winchell's Restaurant & Sports
Ranked #50 of 892 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fairfield, OH
“Where to start???”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

This place was amazing! My husband declared it one of the best breakfasts he has had. This s place does not skimp! The omelettes are huge. I suggest the ham & swiss (but get cheddar instead of swiss). The almond joy pancakes were to side for. My daughter hate chocolate chip pancakes & coconut, but kept stealing bites if them. There is no kids menu, but they let us share our sides with our daughter. Between the 3 of us, we couldn't finish! Well worth every penny! Excellent service!

IL
“Amazing menu, service, and food made from scratch! Perfect combination!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

We found this restaurant through tripadvisor and everything good anyone had reviewed before us was true! This little bar/restaurant is located in a rather nondescript strip mall, but don't be fooled by the exterior. The food and service inside was excellent. The menu was creative, but would please everyone's palate. I had the Reuben and it was probably the best I've ever had! My husband had the meatloaf and it was obviously made from scratch with a nice tomato basil sauce and home-made mashed potatoes and fresh grilled asparagus. YUM! We drove about 15 minutes out of our way while traveling to go here, and it sure was worth it.

Lexington, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Locally Owned Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

It's our neighborhood breakfast spot, but it also happens to be the best breakfast in town. Great service, delicious food, reasonable prices. We take all our out of town guests to Winchell's. Breakfast is great, but so are the daily lunch & dinner specials. Blackened mahi mahi tacos are at the top of my list. All their home cooking favorites are delicious (it's my momma's favorite fried chicken). It's also a great place to sit at the bar and have a beer with friends. Can't recommend it highly enough.

kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great reliable, moderate price food in casual atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

They call it a sports bar (and there are plenty of TV's) but I just consider it a local favorite. No need to dress up, great service, delicious food and moderate price. I love the tomato soup and grilled cheese. Also the grilled salad. My husband's favorite is the pecan crusted rainbow trout. Always order the fried banana peppers for an appetizer. Children are welcome too. They don't mind splitting a check if you are with a group. Plenty of parking too.

• Visited February 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Breakfast hot spot for locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

My breakfast included a four egg omelet, breakfast potatoes, and two biscuits with sausage gravy for $10. My friend had the pork chop. He said it was good. It definitely looked good.

Despite strip mall location, great sporty atmosphere inside. Very friendly service. Very popular; the place was packed.