“Fun place, great service”

Winchell's Restaurant & Sports
Ranked #71 of 951 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I'd call this more of a diner / dive that serves really good bar food. We had the fried green tomatoes, veggie plate (acorn squash, green beans, sweet potato, salad) and winchell's sandwich. The FGT were not good, the batter included corn meal which was burnt. The veggies were all good, but the winchell's sandwich had too many French fries. I took most of them off and it was delicious. The service was excellent, the floor manager busted his butt the entire time while the last weekend of NFL regular season football was on all of the TV screens.

1  Thank C F

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I recently ate at Winchell's for the second time. When I am back in Lexington, I hope to return. Food was very good, and our server was great. All six of us agreed that we'd like to eat there again. Word of mouth really pays off because I heard about this restaurant from one of my doctor's in North Carolina, who has been there three times.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you visit Lexington, KY, don't miss going to Winchell's restaurant to dine. The food is delicious every time. A wide variety to please any palate. From Gourmet to Burgers. Friendly wait staff and very attentive. It is high on the list of total restaurants in town.

2  Thank NitaSpringfield_TN
Reviewed October 15, 2012

No matter you order it is all marvelous and tasty! Friendly wait staff and good location.Gourmet food as well as sandwiches and burgers.

1  Thank NitaSpringfield_TN
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is one of our favorite Sunday brunch spots. You need to get there before the church crowd comes in or you could have a long wait. The atmosphere is cozy and old school. Specials are posted on a board by the door-don't miss them. It is a great local hangout for watching games or a family dinner. The hotbrown is one of the best I have ever eaten! Pancakes are so light I could sit there all day and wait for my stomach to make room for more. It is better than cracker barrel!!