“Always Great”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Springfield, TN
“Always Great”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you visit Lexington, KY, don't miss going to Winchell's restaurant to dine. The food is delicious every time. A wide variety to please any palate. From Gourmet to Burgers. Friendly wait staff and very attentive. It is high on the list of total restaurants in town.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank NitaSpringfield_TN

Springfield, TN
“Always great!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

No matter you order it is all marvelous and tasty! Friendly wait staff and good location.Gourmet food as well as sandwiches and burgers.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank NitaSpringfield_TN
“Best brunch in Lex”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is one of our favorite Sunday brunch spots. You need to get there before the church crowd comes in or you could have a long wait. The atmosphere is cozy and old school. Specials are posted on a board by the door-don't miss them. It is a great local hangout for watching games or a family dinner. The hotbrown is one of the best I have ever eaten! Pancakes are so light I could sit there all day and wait for my stomach to make room for more. It is better than cracker barrel!!

• Visited July 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
“Tasty in an old-fashioned way”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

A sports bar atmosphere and relaxed crowd. Good big menu well prepared. Plentiful serving at very reasonable prices. Great bean soup and fried oysters.

1 Thank tenmiletom
“Best breakfast in town”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We are regulars. There's a reason for that, and the fact that we go to a sports bar for Sunday brunch should give you a hint. Last Sunday, they served a caprese omelet that seriously knocked my socks off. They use fresh, local ingredients and they are consistent. We have always gotten exactly what we want there, exactly the way we ask for it. My daughter-in-law had the Elvis pancakes, and they were quite yummy. Daughter had a special omelet too, and she loved it, but I've forgotten what it was. It was spicy, as I recall. I love, love, love their jalepenos grits, and hubby loves their home fried potatoes. He always gets a sampler, which provides way too much food for me, but he loves it. Portions are always generous, and the options are varied. I only wish they would add a breakfast burrito every now and then! dinner is also a good option, but we'll save that for another review.

• Visited August 2012