“SImple, affordable, convienent”
Review of Inn on Broadway

Inn on Broadway
Ranked #50 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed January 20, 2010

I had read a bunch of horrible reviews on this site, but when I showed up I found that the building itself is classic architecture, only minutes from downtown. I had traveled with a group of friends and was looking for an affordable and convienent place to stay near downtown. I believe they also have a relationship with the adjacent hotel; Crowne Plaza where you could also use their pool for a swim or so it said in the manual. This was perfect wtih low-light rooms that were spacious and better decorated than most hotels at this price. If you're looking for extravegent hotel this probably isn't for you, but if you're looking for a nice place to stay in Lexington that is simple, clean, and comfortable, this is perfect.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 4, 2009

I had read great reviews on another site. Wish I had found this one first!!! The carpets are filthy!!! The couch had cigarette burns in it. NO SOAP! Three little smaller than standard pillows for a king size bed. No extra pillows. THE ENTIRE PLACE REEKS OF THE STENCH OF CIGARETTE SMOKE THOUGH NO SMOKING IS POSTED EVERYWHERE. Telephones were nasty. Had ketchup or sauce on them. I'm sure in it's day it was a great hotel. Very majestic LOOKING from the outside. Won't stay here again even if Mr. Patton offers a free room.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2009

We were in town moving our son on campus at the University of Kentucky. Because we were going to be in town for a few days we needed a less expensive hotel to help with cost. I had researched online and decided on The Inn on Broadway because of price and it looked decent. I knew it wouldn't be great but never expected this. When we arrived to our room there were no light bulbs in any of the bedroom fixtures. When I went to the front desk to ask for some I was told there were none on the premises. I couldn't believe it and they acted like they really didn't care. Back in the room again the overhead light in the sitting room was flickering annoyingly, we found a bug in the sheets,the room smelled like pee and there were bricks holding up the bed which were sticking out and I tripped over. They did eventually send someone with light bulbs and he rearranged the bricks under the bed. If we could of found another available hotel we would have left but everything was booked. Luckily we were so busy we spent as little time possible there. Never,ever again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2009

The Inn on Broadway is #1 filthy. The carpets are nasty and I walked with flipflops on in the room. The shower curtain was molded. There are inches of dust on the carpet in the corners. The pillows stink. I found hairs in the sheets and the beds are proped up with bricks. The rooms smell musty and stale.
The Inn on Broadway is #2 uncomfortable. The beds are like lying on concrete and the linens are thin and stiff. The towels are small and thread bare. I have heard that this hotel does have limited rooms with tempurpedic mattresses but I was not given a room with one even on request. The rooms are however, spacious but that does not replace comfort.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
7  Thank stormi1
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for a little over a week and approve of it! The rooms were huge in my 2 queen bedroom with very high ceilings. The rooms are nicely decorated and cohesive with the entire building. The service staff were genuinely friendly. They were happy to assist with anything! Maids were there to straighten up everyday and were always happy and cheerful. They even folded clothes if they were laying out and put them neatly on the bed! There’s a small fitness center with a TV with I liked. The downside was that the carpet could have used some cleaning, especially in high traffic areas, but that is a common problem I have noticed in most 3 star or lower hotels. I personally would not recommend going barefoot in any hotel if you plan to keep your feet clean. I also had a weird bed frame. It was a little wobbly like it needed replacing and it sat slightly lower than the other bed. Overall, this is a nice place to stay at a bargain price (I found this apartment at a sales discount online for 41/night!) It’s a relatively small hotel and a warm welcoming, cohesive appearance throughout the hotel and I would visit again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carebare_9
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Was in town for a conference and all the downtown hotels were sold out so I decided to stay at the Inn on Broadway. The rooms were clean the area was great to walk in and there was a gold course right around the corner. I paid half the price and had a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank KrisDOh
Reviewed June 27, 2009

This place is filthy. I pulled back the covers on one of the beds and found a wadded up tissue. My husband and boys walked on the carpet in their bare feet ( in the room only) and they were black on the bottom. We complained to the front desk and their response was oh, we are sorry. This is the 2nd worst hotel I have stayed at in 30 yrs. We travel alot, have married children who have lived in several states. Spend your night somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank halfdad
pattond, General Manager at Inn on Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2009

Thank you for your response. Without feedback we cannot improve.If you are returning to lexington email me at dpatton@thecampbellhouse.net. I would like to offer you a free night stay

Thanks