“Don't stay here!”
Review of Inn on Broadway

Inn on Broadway
Ranked #50 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed June 18, 2013

To start we were charged a lot more than the others in our group. We were told we were to have a suite at that rate, but others had larger rooms at a cost of a lot less. The room was terrible. Dirty carpets, smelly, and the bed is as hard as the floor (maybe harder). No mattress pad on any beds, no comforter just sheets, when asked about this at front desk they were unresponsive and said "that's the way we do it at this hotel and there's nothing they could about it." When I asked for a receipt for the stay they said I had my reservation confirmation, then asked again they gave me a paper with the hotel name on it without how much I paid or that my bill was paid and there was no balance.
Obviously I was not happy with my stay. i have stayed there in the past and wasn't real happy, but this was one of the worst hotel stays I've ever had and will not be staying there in the future.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a good room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank tictock

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Needed an inexpensive hotel for 3 nights to visit our UK student...found hotel to be a good value except for the carpets in the room....they badly needed replaced...they had a smell and had big wrinkles in them. Otherwise for a comfortable bed and decent location everything was as expected.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SPETERS5900
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We booked this hotel thinking it was the historical hotel next door. It was not, but the price was right and the room was more than adequate. Pillows were thin but the bed was extremely comfortable. We were in a king suite that had 2 distinct rooms which was very nice when my husband wanted to watch TV late at night. The bathroom was nice and there was a large tub that was wonderful to soak in. The room and bathroom were both very clean and staff were very kind and helpful. It is in a very good location as far as visiting Lexington goes. The drawbacks were the decor and the linen quality - it looked like you had stepped back into the 1940s and the towels were the roughest towels I had ever had in my life. It was also a bit musty but I always carry Febreze with me when I travel so that took care of that. Overall, as long as you are not fussy about up to date decor I would highly recommend this hotel for the price, location and accommodations.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite - the price is not much higher and it's nice to have the extra space.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathie M
Reviewed May 24, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Carole M
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I travel quite a bit. Granted we are spoiled but not adverse at staying in hotels/motels that are not branded. I was ok when we pulled up, had some of the best customer service ever at check-in, but when we entered our assigned room, not only was it a step back in time but I had to Double check the non smoking sign on the door! It reeked! I called the desk was asked to wait a bit as she had guests arriving, 25 minutes later I went down and got in that line! We got another room, which was ok but!,,, the tvs wouldn't work, the desk clerk came up and put them on channel 3(?) and said, one had been broken in a room party the week before and the other control they couldn't get to work properly, not to mention I haven't seen tvs like these for years! The towels according to my husband must have come from Hilton's dumpster and while I wasn't going to notice, some of the spots and stains on the furniture doors and walls made me cringe! I doubt we will return to this "boutique" hotel. Btw I am rating the rooms higher because they are suites, not a typical closet hotel room. Also we noted the windows opened and no screens! The stop wedge was missing, I am glad we have no small children anymore.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner suites, lots of windows.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank geoppert
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I'm writing this review from the room while I am staying at this hotel. Just so you know, I am a 25 year old business traveler who travels every week for work, but have also backpacked through Europe so I wouldn't consider myself a primadonna. Bottom line, it's DIRTY. I can get over the outdated decor, but I've stayed in hostels in Europe that are cleaner than this place. I refuse to take off my socks because I don't want my feet to touch the stained carpet that reeks of cigarette smoke and should have been torn out sometime during the Reagan administration. There are coffee grounds spilled on the floor (which at first I thought were bedbugs and FREAKED out) so clearly they haven't vacuumed in a while. The bathroom looks a pretty gross as well and the ceiling in the shower is peeling back. I really hate to be mean because I know this is someone's business but seriously, they need to fix this place up. Start by tearing out the carpets.

Needless to say, I am cutting my stay short and just booked a room at the Hyatt for tomorrow night. Travelers beware.

I'll end on a positive, the woman at the front desk was very sweet and welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank M M
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Booked rooms online as we were unfamiliar with hotels in Lexington area, On entering hotel lobby was clean and desk clerk was helpful, however that is all of the positive I can say. Our rooms were large but furniture was outdated. Beds were the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE beds I have every slept on, some of the were actually on boards, it was like sleeping on bricks. We had booked for 2 nights as we were in for a funeral, was told that since we booked online they couldn't change anything with our reservations. So we decided to spend the 2nd night.

They offered a free continental breakfast which consist of cereal, muffins, bagels that was about it.

Overall I wouldn't recommend anyone stay here unless you have no other choice. They need to improve on their beds,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family