“Great food & atmosphere!!”
Review of O'Neill's Pub

O'Neill's Pub
Ranked #395 of 935 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Visiting from Wisconsin and picked a "sports" bar from a list off of my GPS to enjoy a late lunch. Sounded like a nice Irish bar. When we walked in we were impressed with the how lovely this place was. We ordered our drinks and found out our waiter was the owner. He explained that he had owned the bar for just a short time. We ordered our food from the menu which had a variety of sandwiches and appetizers and then found the NFL menu. This menu has a sandwich or salad representing every NFL team. Quite clever! The food was REALLY good and our service was outstanding. I heard they have a great night life too! If you are visiting or live in the area, I would definitely give this place a try. You won't be disappointed!!!

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Thursday night, went to sit at bar, plenty of seating available and two people behind bar. Sat there with a buddy for ten minutes and was never waited on. Got up and left

1  Thank Stout1967
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Had drinks while listening to a friend play music! Great time and a great atmosphere!

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I love Oneils. I often attend their Wednesday night "Blues Jam with the Band" where you can bring your instrument and play with the band and other musicians in an open mic jam session of blues music. The band members that run the event are really friendly and fun.

The pub has occasionally had service issues since they often just don't have enough servers, but the food is very good. The menu has bend revamped a few times over the past couple years, but seems to have settled on some good items that you would expect at a pub. I like the grilled chicken salad, and their pub fries are delicious.

I love to meet friends here for a drink on the patio or to enjoy live music and even some dancing. They get a regular crowd to watch big sports games too. I'll be back!

1  Thank Laurelms
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I went to O'Neils on 9/10/11 to watch the UK football game (noon game) w/ 5 people. It should have been a sign when we walked in and it was completely empty. We got the "beer table tap" thing they offer for 5 people (advertised as 32 oz per person). We each had one 12 oz glass of beer and the tap cut out, with the flow meter saying we drank 160 oz (the 32 oz per person advertised). Waste of money, so we moved to beer buckets. During the game the waitress was nowhere to be found and we had to go looking for her to get drinks/food...she was usually hanging out on the patio. When we asked for our checks as the 4th quarter ended, it took the waitress 15 minutes to get them. The checks were all messed up of course and it literally took another 45 minutes to fix and process them. We left 1 hour after the game ended. The employees didn't acknowledge the horrible service and offered nothing to make up for it. Simply put, no one there cared about the customers. There were 3 guys walking in and out of some back room the whole time not helping with anything, I think one was the manager (who the bartender, while trying to fix are checks, mentioned he didn't ever do anything). O'Neils Pub was a horrible experience and I WILL NOT BE RETURNING.