“typical holiday inn....clean, inviting...what you expect”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University
Ranked #29 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We were to attend the National bottle show in downtown Lexington, but we were bringing our dog so we could not stay at the Hyatt downtown adjacent to the show. I opted for the Holiday Inn and we were not disappointed except for the distance to downtown. The hotel was clean and the staff were welcoming and helpful. Our room was on the top floor of the hotel, and it appears that all rooms for dogs were on this floor. While our room was to be a non smoking room, the smell upon entering left me believing that a number of smokers had stay here before and did not abide by the rules. Otherwise our room was fine. Only thing....when the dog needs to go...there are 4 flights of steps to get him out before he does his duty...and finding a grassy spot nearby was not always that easy. The breakfasts were fresh and hot each morning with a number of varieties of things to choose from.

Room Tip: Note that the back stairway leads to the north side of the property and parking close to that door g...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. I will talk to the staff about placing individuals with pets on the first floor and lower level. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Stephanie Toy, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University

Reviewed July 29, 2014

About a week ago I stayed at this property and while the staff is friendly and accommodating, the property is old and tired. As a result of my IHG frequent stay status I was "upgraded" however the room was still pretty tired. The area around the hotel is pretty bleak and there were no places to eat within eyesight.

This week I am staying in a competitive property located in the Bryant Road area. The property is clean and welcoming - and with a complimentary breakfast that is really well prepared and fresh. There are restaurants, shops and the like within a short distance from the property. So, this is where I'll stay again on my visits to Lexington.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you found our hotel to be just average. I see you stated that we did not have any restaurants within eye sight. We do have Buffalo Wild Wings, Tai Orchid, and Jalapenos Mexican Bar and Grill all right in the next parking lot. We are also walking distance to downtown, UK campus and Hospitals. We hope you visit us in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Location excellent. Easy walking various campus locations. I love the pancake maker. Is well-maintained even with high volumes. Modern rooms. I was there for an extended visit and did notice the same piece of trash on the floor the entire stay. The rest of the floor looked clean. Maybe they need a few vacuum cleaner. Nice to have a Dairy Queen right across the street but too bad the grocery store moved away. Although animals are allowed, it did not effect the quality

Stayed: July 2014
Stephanie T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you so much for the review! So glad that our area and hotel fit your needs. We hope you visit us again in the future!

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The room was great. Becca was very friendly and helpful in suggestions for places to eat. The breakfast was simple but very good. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that needs a place to stay.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jc3211

Thank you so much for your positive review. I am glad Becca was able to give you great customer service. I will make sure she is recognized! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights recently as our son was attending orientation at UK. Great location by campus. My wife and i were able to explore campus without driving and searching for parking. Less than 10 minutes to memorial hall. Nothing fancy, but clean room, standard breakfast, and a friendly, helpful staff.
Close to two very good restaurants. Gumbo Ya Ya will be getting a lot of business from my son over the next couple of years. Jalopenos had the tastiest fajitas I've had in a long time. We live in Los Angeles so we know our Mexican food.
Will definitely head back to this hotel when we come to visit our son.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TarzanaJim
Stephanie T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel and all of the local attractions. We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We have stayed at several hotels this year and hands down Teresa working breakfast was the best ever. Everything was stocked, hot, and ready. She was super friendly and helpful. A true asset to the hotel. I will remember this hotel because of her, and her dedicated service.

The rest of the hotel stay was fine. I was surprised to find no fridge in the room. I thought it was standard now. Rooms were clean, mostly quiet. Someone decided to have a conversation outside of our room at 3 in the morning.. nothing hotel related just inconsiderate people. I would try to get on the top floor next time due to the noise of the people thumping in the room above us at all hours.

Room Tip: Request the top floor, to avoid heavy footed upstairs guests.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! So glad Teresa was able to provide you with excellent service! I will make sure she is recognized for her outstanding work. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here for a week. Teresa was always bright and cheerful every morning in the breakfast room. Becca was always helpful at the front desk. The room was nice and spacious. Good location. With pets in the room it was a little difficult to arrange for housekeeping but overall an excellent stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I will make sure that the individuals you mentioned are recognized. Hope to see you in the future!

Stephanie Toy