This is our second stay at this hotel and it was every bit as good as the first. We were headed into town for the Thanksgiving weekend, originally planning to stay with family. Owing to keeping third-shift hours we decided on the way we'd rather get a hotel.
I phoned from the car, inquired about availability for a King-bed, non-smoking room, and asked if we could check in early. The gentleman on the phone looked up our info from our previous stay, reserved our room and confirmed it would be ready when we got there. The whole call took about a minute and a half and that was only because he paused a several points waiting for his computer to refresh.
We arrived and checked in to find the room was waiting on us and exactly what we had asked for. We grabbed a few hours of much needed sleep and then headed off for Thanksgiving dinner with family.
The only thing that woke us during our stay was a family across the hall that had several children and a dog. Given that this was 4pm, we didn't hold it against them and turning on the fan in the room's AC unit provided enough white noise to sleep comfortably.
For the most part the room's climate controls worked well, we had a bit of difficulty at one point with the AC not working only to discover that the switch on the thermostat was just slightly off. Though it looked like it was in the "On" position, the fraction of a millimeter push to the left kicked it on and restored the room to our set temperature.
Though the hotel does have WiFi, we weren't able to get signal on the second-story (front-right corner). Fortunately the room had a wired-ethernet connection so I was able to set up my laptop and create a wireless network to use with our phones and iPad. If you're planning on using a WiFi-only device you may have better luck with a room on the first floor.
The cleanliness of the room and bathroom was superb, nothing that made us feel uncomfortable in the least. The room was also quite spacious, with an easy chair and work desk with chair. Though it was a standard hotel room layout, the room is quite a bit larger than what I've experienced in other hotels. Not a huge deal, but if you often feel cramped by a room that barely has enough space for a bed and television, you should have no problems here.
We didn't have the opportunity to try the breakfast this time because of the skewed hours we kept, but it is worth noting that the hotel sits adjacent to a lot with a 24-hour Sonic drive-in and within a mile of several all-night convenience stores. The point is, if you happen to be up at odd hours, there's food and beverages very close by.
Check out was quick and painless, just a call down to the front desk to confirm everything was in order, and we were off and headed back home. The staff was excellent once again; helpful, friendly, and professional. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and will very likely be staying here again ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Downtown at the University of Kentucky UK. This downtown Lexington, KY hotel is located just blocks from the campus of the University of KY UK & minutes from several area hospitals. We are also conveniently located 5 miles from Lexington Bluegrass Airport (LEX) & I-75/I-64 Interstate access. This downtown Lexington, KY hotel is less than 1 mile from the Lexington Convention Center & Rupp Arena. For horse lovers, this Keeneland Hotel is just a short drive from the track, the Red Mile & numerous Kentucky Horse Park events.Our corporate amenities include free high-speed Internet access, meeting room & 24-hour business center. Hospitals: University of Kentucky UK Chandler Medical Center, Saint Joseph Hospital, Central Baptist Hospital & Good Samaritan HospitalBusinesses: IBM, Lexmark, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, PNC, Central Bank, Fifth Third Bank, Fasic-Tipton, Ashland & UPSLocal Attractions: Bluegrass Lexington Airport LEX, Keeneland Horse Racing, Lexington Convention Center, Rupp Arena, University of Kentucky, UK Commonwealth Stadium, Red Mile, & Transylvania University.Visit Lexington, KY Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express hotel while attending the following Lexington events:Fayette County High School Graduation 6/4-6/5Junior League Horse Show at the Red Mile 7/6-7/12AAU Basketball 7/13-19 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Lexington- Downtown / University
- Holiday Inn Lexington
- Holiday Inn Express Lexington
- Lexington Holiday Inn