“Not what I expected from Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington- Downtown / University
Ranked #32 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Canton, Ohio
“Not what I expected from Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This hotel is definitely in need of some upgrades. This is just not what I expect from Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is clean, but it just needs to be upgraded. There is a lot of exterior noise that makes it difficult to sleep as well. You can hear the train, cars etc all night long. I could also hear people talking in the room next door.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the apartment complex next door -- it will probably be a little more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed July 28, 2011

After a long search for a hotel with a reasonable rate in Lexington/Louisville area, this was the one we came up with. The hotel had nice beds and pillows. Carpets need cleaning to remove spots in our room. Shower was excellent. Could hear big and little people stomping around overhead. Children running. Sleeping pill/ear plugs beneficial. Very good breakfast. Great desk but NO chair for desk; had to sit on arm of stuffed chair to work at the desk.

Room Tip: Booked room with AARP.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Putthoff1
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Lexington is our mid-point from SC to IL and we frequently take trips to visit my in-laws. They actually found it and recommended it to us so we they stay there just as much whenever they visit come visit us.

It is a very nice hotel. Both the exterior and interior are appealing. The room is very clean and the beds are comfortable. The front desk receptionist, Lacy, was very courteous, professional, and welcoming. She even checked on us later on to ensure everything was okay with our room.

The room had a nice decor. It seems to be a very new establishment so the furniture was up-to-date, the beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was spacious.

There's a nice little mexican restaurant across the street as well.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Arlington,TX
Reviewed July 14, 2011

After figthing for a place to park to check-in and waiting in line to check-in, I recieved the 'It's a non-smoking hotel and if I smoked there would be a $250 charge to clean the room' please sign here. OK. Went to room,guess what? The room smelled like an old ash tray full of butts.Went to the front desk to check on another room only to have the desk clerk have an attitude and tell us it was the only room she had. She then offered to have the room cleaned but it would take about an hour. I think you would want to clean your rooms before you assign them. The good news is there is a Spring Hill Suites less then a block away that has clean rooms. Stay at your own risk.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I stayed here only one night, and left early in the morning. Still, I enjoyed my short stay. The hotel is very close to the U of Kentucky and not far from downtown Lexington. This is a first class property with free wi-fi in the rooms. The breakfast area was large with a good selection. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank MichaelMorrison
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Our family stayed one night enroute to TN. We usually stay in Holiday Inns because they are consistently good and we know what to expect. This location was very nice, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. About an hour after check-in, the power went out in the bathroom. No lights, no electricity. The staff quickly moved us to a larger room and also gave us a discount on the rate we paid for the smaller room. No hassles, no problems,no arguments... just what I like.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Maryland USA
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed several times for business and never had any issues at this nice HIE. Staff was very friendly. Front desk and breakfast hostess were especially helpful and asked several times if there was anything further they could do to make my stay more comfortable. This time stayed on a Sunday night. Property was full of many families. Safe area. DQ across the street and SONIC just down the road. You are in Wildcat country for sure as the hotel is very close to the school. A previous reviewer stated parking can be a challenge and she was correct. I managed to find a space during my stay. The hot water was very hot and the ac was working great! My only wish is that the bed was not so soft but this can be very subjective. I have stayed multiple times and will stay again during my next visit to Lexington! Could not get the wireless to work during my stay but I had a wire and went with that option as they have wired in every room as well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business