“You pay for the location”

Hilton Lexington Suites
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Cincinnati, OH
“You pay for the location”
Reviewed May 29, 2006

Overpriced. But with a location in the heart of Lexington's thriving south side that's expected. Clean and comfortable. Surprisingly quiet in spite of a high school sports team staying in the hotel. Don't miss the short walk to the nearby Joseph Beth bookstore. You'll find that Hilton Suites Lexington Green is the finest of the numerous suites hotels in Lexington.

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank HojoClamPlate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
Pikeville, KY
Reviewed November 16, 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Suites and found it to be one of the best places that we have ever stayed. The check-in was speedy(even with a wedding reception going on) and the staff was very friendly. Our room was on the 5th floor overlooking the pond and it was probably the best view that you could have. The hotel was extremely clean and everything looked new. Plus, the location is great if you want to go downtown or if you want to shop because the mall is literally next door. Also, I would recommend the restaurant (Polo's, I believe) because the prices were not that bad and the food was great. My wife and I will definitely stay here the next time that we are in Lexington and we would highly recommend the Hilton Suites.

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank JayMullins
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed October 11, 2005

Last year I wrote that while we love the location of the hotel and the 2-room suite layouts that the hotel was losing its luster.

We just returned from an overnight stay and things are looking up for the hotel. Our room was on the 6th floor and the furniture, carpet, wallpaper, bed linens, etc... were in like-new condition. So money is being spent to update the hotel. The breakfast menu had also been updated.

Check-in was a pleasure even though we were early and there was a large party taking many of the hotel's rooms. Parking in the evening with any functions going on is still a challenge.

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank crackofdawn
Kentucky
Reviewed December 30, 2004

My room was ice cold. Freezing cold. I set the thermostat on the warmest setting, tore off the covers from the other bed and doubled up the covers on my bed.

It took a *long* time for the room to heat up. Only by morning did it feel comfortable. I spoke to another guest at the hotel who said her room was hot. Evidently I had been given a room that had sat empty for a couple of nights with no heat on.

The bathroom sink was dirty but otherwise the room seemed clean. My rate was $109.00.

2 Thank TravelingGuy
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed June 28, 2004

I took my family on vacation and was wanting to base our stay in or near Lexington. A suites hotel was prefered due to traveling with children. It was very clean and very quiet. The rooms were well designed and very functional. At $99/night, I would definitely stay there again. This is a super place with lots of good restaurants nearby, some within walking distance. The famous Joseph-Beth Bookstore is right next door too. Don't miss it.

• Stayed June 2004
5 Thank Noland
United States
Reviewed January 25, 2004

My husband and I love this hotel. Our suite is always very spacious and nicely furnished. The close proximity to shopping, restaurants and theater makes it even nicer. We stayed here on our wedding night before flying out to Orlando the next morning. The staff was very friendly and accommodating as well. We always recommend this hotel to our family and friends who visit Lexington. It is fabulous!

4 Thank welovethehilton
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 22, 2003

Room was fine - clean and orderly. Bathroom had a foul odor - I hope it was the sulfury water, but I'm not convinced.They neglected to make my Wake-up call the first morning. (Makes for a relaxing 10 minutes to shower, dress and get to a meeting...)The Guest Information Book reported that the pool opened at 6am. Nope. Opens at 9:30. Found that out at 6:05am on the second day of my stay... (Desk Clerk responded to my query with "Just what Book are you reading that information from?")The convenience store located off the lobby was selling individual ice creams marked "Not for individual sale" Makes you wonder what truck that stuff fell off.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member